Chapter 27

Chapter 27

My eyes stayed glued to Anna's unmoving body before I finally shifted my gaze back to the three men, who were now descending down my porch steps.

"I wouldn't try anything if I were you," I snarled, and they all seemed to repress a smile.

The man in the middle lifted up his sunglasses, letting it rest on top of his head. His eyes were a icy blue color, and I momentarily felt paralyzed.

"Emma Sullivan, I believe that you should come with us," he spoke coldly, and I raised my eyebrows.

Already knowing I'm not going to respond, all three of them suddenly began taking closer steps towards me.

Without thinking twice, my right arm shot up in front of me, and I tapped into my telekinesis, letting the power flow directly to my hand.

I shut my eyes tightly, but opened them when I heard a grunt. When I saw all three men on the ground — hopefully unconscious, I rushed to Anna's side.

"Emma?" Lauren asked from her seat in the car.

"Stay inside Lauren!" I shouted, not wanting her to get caught in the crossfires.

"Anna wake up," I whispered as I fell to my knees next to her.

Her strawberry blonde hair was spread out around her, and I began to worry if she would wake up.

"Anna please," I whispered again, shaking her shoulder slightly hard.

Anna still stayed silent, right when Jason's front door swings open.

"Emma!" Jason yelled, running his way towards me.

Looking behind him, I noticed Lucas following along.

"Take her inside, please," I spoke quietly as I quickly swiped away a single tear that fell from my eye.

Jason nodded slowly, taking in my appearance before kneeling down to pick up Anna bridal style.

"Are you okay?" Lucas whispered next to me once Jason was inside of his house.

I shut my eyes tightly and shook my head once.

Lucas rested his hand on my shoulder briefly for comfort, but he suddenly ripped his hand off from me.

Turning around, I looked at Lucas, only to find his attention on something entirely different.

One of the men was waking up.

Without looking back to me, Lucas took long strides towards his moving body, and stopped until he was right at his feet.

Suddenly, Lucas bends down and wraps his hand around the mans neck, lifting him up until his feet were just a few inches off of the ground.

Although Lucas's back is to me, I saw how tense his shoulders became when the man smiled sickly at the sight of Lucas.

"Why are you here?" Lucas growled.

The man kept his smirk as he replied. "You know why, Lucas Scott."

Lucas kept silent. "What were your orders?" He asked after a long amount of time.

"Take her to the boss. Bringing you would be a bonus as well," he said, directing a wink at me before his eyes widened.

"You look at me, not her," he snarled, tightening his hold on his neck before slightly loosening.

"Why do you need her?"

The man smirked again. "She's... special. And we're not the only ones who will come for her. More will," he laughed and Lucas tightened his hold on his neck once again.