Chapter 33

Chapter 34

T H I R D  P E R S O N S  P O V

Days passed, feeling longer by the second.

As everyday rolled a new beginning, Lucas was woken up every morning with more and more determination to find Emma.

By the second week of her being missing, Lucas woke up Sunday, entering her third week being gone.

The smell of waffles filled Lucas' nose gently, and he fluttered his eyes open before paying attention to the clock on his nightstand.

Shit, he thought, paying attention to how he had overslept by two hours.

Normally, he would wake up at eight in the morning to begin his search for the day, but for some reason, his phone had decided to not go off this morning.

Quickly, he rushed to the bathroom to get ready, and before he knew it, Lucas was jogging down the grand staircase with nothing but dark blue boxers.

He found the cause of the smell when he saw Sadie, his former nanny and current cook in the kitchen, drizzling chocolate syrup on top of the two waffles that are resting on a white plate.

As if she felt his presence in the room, Sadie looked up from her creation, and smiled. "Hi sweetie," she eyed the breakfast she made for him before slowing dragging the plate across the counter. "I made breakfast," she sang with a smile.

For once, instead of directing his glare to someone he hated, he sent it to his mother figure. "Why didn't my alarm go off, Sadie?"

Suddenly, Sadie's eyes narrow themselves before she used her small feet to stomp over to him. Once they were head to head, she pointed an accusing finger to Lucas. "You, Lucas, do not look at me with those eyes."

Lucas sighed and fixed himself before asking again calmly. "Why wasn't I woken up by my alarm?"

Sadie shrugged as a mischievous smile grew on her lips before she turned back and walked to the spot she was standing at previously. "You needed sleep. You got home at three, and I wouldn't let you have five hours of sleep," she explained.

A sigh left him defeatedly as he took a seat by the table as Sadie excitedly placed the plate in front of him.

Before Lucas was able to put a forkful of the waffle into his currently drooling mouth, his mother's voice caught his ear.

"Ah you did it Sadie," his mother, Estella cheered as she rested her two thousand dollar hand bag on the kitchen table.

"Mom," Lucas nodded once before he finally filled his mouth with food.

Estella scrunched up her nose as she picked up the napkin next to his plate before wiping a little bit of chocolate off from his lips.

"So," Estella began as she placed the now dirty napkin on the table. "I'll be heading to New York tonight. Your father will stay home for the remaining time I'm gone," she gave Lucas a worried look. "Will you be okay?"

Lucas finished chewing the last bite from the first waffle before responding. "Don't worry about dad and I, you worry about your fashion kingdom," he smiled, which caused her to smile as well.

Suddenly, Lucas' phone went off with notifications, and he picked it up, seeing already dozens of texts from the group chat Jason made, which he'd both him and Lucas, and the girls.

He quickly finished the second waffle before standing up from the table. "I'm heading out," he said, and Estella glanced at his attire with raised eyebrows.