Chapter 7 ~ Havi

Chapter 7 ― Havi

“You look kinda nervous, Havi,” my friend Joy commented looking at me with a cheeky smile and I just snorted. I couldn’t help myself, I was really nervous as we waited for the boys to come to the radio station. They were coming to record some publicity for the contest, which meant that we were officially starting with the whole thing and I was really excited. But, of course, that wasn’t the only thing that had me that nervous, it was the fact that they were coming, specifically, he was coming.

It had been a whole weekend since we spoke last but Louis Tomlinson invaded my mind like no one else had ever done before. It surprised me and kind of scared me a bit because I wasn’t sure what that meant and I didn’t know if I was going to like the meaning of this once I found out. Everything pointed at something that wasn’t going to be easy. Never. Probably I should’ve stop thinking of him, but that was easier said than done.

“Are you nervous because you’ll see Mr Tomlinson?” Asked Joy and I almost choked.

Of course my best friend had noticed that I found Louis the most attractive of the lot and that my eyes tended to wander to him more than usual and that I talked more about him. In fact, she made me aware of that with several jokes during the weekend that made those days quite hard for me. According to her, I fancied Louis but I was in denial and there were two possible outcomes for this situation. One, I’d know him better and this little crush would fade away. Two, I’d fall in love with him. And from those two options came many more, but I stopped listening by then and went to do something else far away from her and her crazy theories.

I didn’t fancy Louis and I just couldn’t. He was mega famous and someone like him would never date a normal girl like me, plus, he probably had a girlfriend and was totally in love with her so any kind of crush on him was futile and it would lead to a heartache. So no, thank you very much.

“Shut up!” I snapped as I took a sip of my coffee. It was just the first of the day so it was okay.

“Don’t be, think of him as a normal boy and not the super mega famous popstar whom you have a crush on,” she trailed off and I almost choked again.

“Don’t do that when I’m drinking! You bitch!” I cried out glaring daggers at her.

“I love you too, babe,” she replied blowing me a kiss. Normal people would get offended if someone called them ‘bitch’. Not us. We replied with love or with an even worse word. Yup, that was how our relationship worked.

I just laughed and drank again waiting for my phone to buzz telling me that I had an incoming call and that it wasn’t from my mum. By the time my phone did this, I choked again and I started to consider that it wasn’t a good idea to drink coffee when you were, nervously, waiting for something. Not healthy.

I looked at the screen and it was Louis. My heart did a little leap in my chest and a stupid grin was plastered on my face, I think that Joy saw and for which I was hit by her elbow. “Hi,” I replied shooting daggers at her and picturing her death in my mind. A painful death.

“Hi, Havi. We’re here in the station. Just letting you know, we’re heading to the conference room.” Maybe it was me that was too excited, but it seemed like Louis was a bit off.

“Sure, we’re waiting here,” I replied and waited for his answer, but he only mumbled an okay and hung up. Well, maybe it wasn’t me and something was indeed wrong with him.

Immediately I got worried and started wondering what could it be. Maybe something happened, maybe he had a fight with someone dear to him, maybe they boys argued for this contest, maybe he regretted this whole thing, maybe–