Chapter 24 ~ Louis

Chapter 24 ― Louis

I knew I had agreed with Havi that we shouldn’t see each other that day, it was for the best no matter how much I wanted to hold her in my arms and kiss her again; but after seeing those trendings and all the mentions I received, I couldn’t stand there, doing nothing. The fans were already being cruel and unfair, I couldn’t leave Havi alone with that. If I couldn’t stop the fans, at least I was going to be next to her to hold her and give her strength. It was the least I could do for her.

If I went alone, everyone would suspect; so I had to take the lads with me. It was the only way to disguise the situation a bit, with that we could say we went there for a contest matter.

I had to see her. Make sure she was okay.

During the ride to the station, my nerves were killing me. I was beyond anxious to know if she was okay, if she had seen the tweets or any kind of comment related to this new information about us. As we approached the station I could only wonder why. Why our fans had to be so possessive, obsessive and jealous. Why couldn’t they be happy because I was happy? Why didn’t they trust me to choose my girlfriend? Why couldn’t they accept that Harry and I were only best friends?

When Harry and I started with our friendship and this playful flirtation, we never expected it was going to reach such magnitude. Now no one could control those who were obsessed with something that wasn’t anything else but a game.

Once I could finally hold her in my arms, everything felt right again. Her smile was honest, she was happy to see me and if she saw some of the hatred they were sending to her, she wasn’t blaming me. I believed her when she told me she would never blame for something I couldn’t control, but I was always scared that maybe one day it was going to be too much and she was going to see that it was indeed my fault. It was a fear I lived with.

“How are the calls going?” Liam asked when we decided to go to the cafeteria so we could chat a bit and Niall could have food. I also saw Harry very interested checking out the new girl helping in the cafeteria. It was a nice girl, very fit with big brown eyes and short straight black hair, cute smile and dimples, just like Harry’s.

But I had to forget about the girl that had caught Harry’s attention when I felt Havi tensing next to me at Liam’s question. I grew worried immediately, even more when she noticed I felt her change and she tried to cover it up.

“What’s wrong?” I asked her and for a second Havi avoided my gaze. There was something there, it was obvious now and she didn’t want to tell me. “Havi, tell me what’s wrong,” I requested taking her chin and making her look at me.

“Nothing important, don’t worry, Lou,” she told me with an honest smile, but I still could see there was something in her eyes, which didn’t leave her at ease. I was learning to read her very well.

“There’s something there, I know it,” I commented and she squeezed my other hand gently, asking me to drop the matter but I couldn’t. “Havi, whatever it is, I need you to tell me. If we want this to work out, I need you to trust me to tell me everything. Please,” I practically begged and for a couple of seconds we just looked into each other’s eyes.

Havi sighed closing her eyes for a second before looking at me again. “Some girls called the station today and they were… they weren’t very nice.”

With those words I understood something very crucial in this situation. A huge difference with Eleanor was that Havi was exposed. More exposed than Eleanor ever was. Havi was, somehow, a public figure as she was part of the radio and was exposed to a growing audience. The fans were able to get her number easily, to call her all the time just for the sake of being mean to her. Havi had less privacy because she worked in the radio station.