the cat man problem

You felt utterly strange when you woke. There were things missing and there had been new things added to you.

You could barely smell anything, your hearing was miserable and your face felt empty in a rather strange way. As if someone had cut off your whiskers.

Your legs felt strange, long and different. You could feel that your fur was missing and you were freezing.

With a strange noise you tore your eyes open. You lay on the floor of the room where Bucky had picked you up  and the worried face of Bruce Banner looked down at you.

"Thank god, Barnes! I was afraid you wouldn't wake up again! What did you think you were doing when you rushed into this room! This was stupid!" , he said, reaching a hand for you to grab.

You froze and stared. He had definately been speaking to you. But you were Kitty, the cat. Not Bucky Barnes, the soldier. Were you?

You could feel your body shaking and you didn't really want to look down it but you did.

Shock held you tight.

Not far away from you lay the curled up body of yours, obviously unconscious.

You were Bucky Barnes.

A sound of shock escaped you as you tried to stand up.

You had never understood why humans prefered to walk on two legs only and now you struggled with doing so.

You didn't take Banner's hand but pushed yourself up until you stood on your two legs, shaking like crazy.

"Are you okay, Barnes?" , asked Banner, he sounded worried.

You searched for your voice, being glad that you knew the human tongue. You just couldn't speak it as a cat.

"I... I'm not Barnes" , you said, slowely. It felt strange to speak like this but you were sure you could handle it.

"What do you mean, you are not Barnes? Of course you are! Shit, I think the waves damaged your brain!" , mumbled Banner, shooting you a desperate glance.

You looked at the curled up body of yours which slowely started to twitch.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you, Banner, but I am not Bucky Barnes. My brain isn't, in the least, damaged but I think this situation to be... very strange" , you stayed. Your legs felt sore, weak and you reached out your hand for support, grabbing the metal table.

"If you are nor Barnes, if you are indeed telling the truth... Who are you?" , asked Banner. He seemed suddenly curious, the worry had disappeared.

"I... I am..." , you started, enjoying the strong voice of yours, Bucky Barne's. Then a loud cry of terror interrupted you and the body that had once been yours started moving and shaking and twisting. The eyes, which had once been yours, showed pure terror.

"Wait... are you...?" , stuttered Banner, turning pale and nodding in the directiom of the struggeling cat.

"Yes, actually, I am" , you admitted, tilting your head slightly.

"Oh..." , said Banner, staring down at the cat for a while. It was very quiet.

"Bucky?" , asked Banner, kneeling down in front of the cat which had by now managed to stand up. Bucky, the cat, stared at him and meowed hastely.

"Okay, calm down, Barnes!", demanded Banner, grinning slightly. Bucky the cat hissed angrily.

"It seems that I somehow changed your personalities. So you are now in the cat's body and the cat is now in yours..." , explained Banner but he seemed to talk to himself more than to Bucky the cat.