Assuming

I aimlessly walked on the street. I’m few blocks away from our house. The sky is already turning dark and I still do not know what to do, how to get money.

“What now? Should I bargain my kidney to earn money?” I muttered to myself.

“That would take too much of your time since finding someone to sell your organ is not that easy.” I cursed when someone spoke behind.

“Boy, you crept the hell out—” Wait...why is he here? “You...are you following me?” I glared at the man in front.

“Sort of.” He answered and I was about to say something vulgar when he cut me off. “You need me. You should be glad I showed up.”

He’s right. But can I trust him? I sighed. That is not important anymore. I need the money as soon as possible. This is the fastest way I can get the money my ill sister needs.

“My sister needs to undergo a heart surgery. We need money. I cannot pay you right away but I promise to pay.”

“Alright.” Then I saw the side of his lips rose. “How did you know that I need you?” Curiously, I asked.

“We are connected. As I have told you, we are fated to meet. We have strong bonds that allow me to feel you, even if we’re away.” Then he strode from my direction.

“Where are you going?” I shouted.

“I will fetch the money you ask for. Follow me.”
He said with his hands on his pockets. I did what he said.  Upon reaching the car he opened the door and got in. I saw him reached for a pad of small papers and scribbled some digits.

He handed me the paper. It was a check. I can see an amount with six zeroes. I don’t know if it’s too much or what. I kept the check on my pocket and mouthed “thank you,” before I stepped backward and turned away to start walking back our house but he hissed.

“Where do you think you’re going?” He scowled when I faced him.

“Home. I’m going home. I already got what I need here, no need to waste my time on this place.” I calmly said.

“Shouldn’t you spend more time with me? I searched for you all my life and now, I helped you with your problem. Don’t I deserve a single moment with you?” his cheeks were tinted with red hue.

“M-my mother needs the money as soon as possible. C-can I give it to her first before I-I spend time with y-you?” God, why am I stuttering?

He looked away, “Yes, of course. But let me drive you home at least?” he opened the car’s door wider.

“Uhm...sure.” My voice cracked when I replied. He really wants to be with me...I sat in chair feeling uncomfortable. He started the engine and looked at me. Time stopped as well as my heartbeat, when he leaned forward and the distance between our faces slowly dwindled. I closed my eyes.

Click! “I fixed your seat belt. Did you assumed something else?” He chuckled.

How I wish to disappear. This is so embarrassing.