four // breathe

"Aries, are you okay?"

"Aries?"

Blinking, Aries fell onto his back, gazing at the men who towered over him. Their voices were monotone, their postures both equally perfect and straight, stretching them out to their full intimidating heights. Their false concern for his safety caused bile to rise in Aries's throat, the pounding in his head increasing.

"No," he croaked. "You're not real."

Aries chest rose and fell quickly as he desperately fought off the panic that tightened his throat. One of the men bent down, one of his rough, scarred hands extended.

"We only want the best for you, Aries."

Aries suppressed a whimper as he forced himself to a sitting position. Of course they wouldn't kill him, he was a fool to think so. They would only take him again. Take him and touch him. The memories caused Aries's breathing to quicken even more as he let out a high-pitched scream, knowing very well that no one would be able to hear him.

As the bent over man continued dipping lower and lower, his features came into view. A sickening grin was spread across his lips as he listened to Aries's scream. He was enjoying this.

Aries forced himself backwards, then jumped to his feet. As he did so, he felt the closer man's hand grasp his injured wrist tightly, causing him to scream again.

He wrenched it free, gasping and holding back another shriek as he felt his bones crush against each other. Once free, he turned around, sprinting back into the treeline.

This time, he could hear the heavy footsteps of the men behind him.