37 ~ Sweet as Kim Possible

A/N: you guys are silly for thinking that chapter 36 was the last chapter. this one is majorly filler though, so sorry lol.

dedicated to anna_mania13 for the gorgeous cover she made, I seriously am in love with it :)

Chapter 37: Sweet as Kim Possible

I literally could not stop looking at him.

Ben was sitting at the kitchen table, waiting for me to finish making the pie that Papa wanted me to make for dessert. He thought I was almost finished, but I had barely just put the dough in the fridge to chill. I leant against the counter, putting my elbows on the top and my chin in my palms. Ben was on his mobile, and hadn't looked up in about ten minutes.

I felt a little creepy just watching him and smiling, but I couldn't help it.

"Lottie, what flavour pie are you cooking up?" he asked suddenly, glancing up.

My elbows slipped and I accidentally smacked my head against the marble. "Oh," I said, half in pain and half in surprise. I rubbed my forehead.

When I looked at Ben, he had his eyebrows raised and his mouth pursed in amusement. "Are you okay?"

I closed my eyes, feeling my head throb. That was what I got for being a creepy thing. "Just splendid, thank you," I said cheerfully. Then I thought about what I did and slapped the counter, giggles escaping my mouth.

I rubbed my head again, tears slipping out of my eyes from the throbbing and the laughter. "Jesus Christ, Lottie, what's wrong with you?" he asked. When I glanced at him, his twitching mouth had morphed into a full-blown smile, and he shook his head.

I smiled back at him, and my heart seemed to fall out of my mouth. "A lot of things," I told him. He stood up and walked up to me, putting his hands on my shoulders and bending down to look at my eyes. I blinked at him in confusion when he frowned. "What's wrong with you?" I asked.

Ben managed to keep a straight face for about three seconds before he sagged his head and started laughing. His hands gripped my shoulders so tightly that I could feel his body shaking, which in turn shook me.

I loved his laugh. It came all the way from his belly and was a deep and satisfying sound that hung in the air and made me want to laugh as well. Soon we were both falling all over each other with laughter, and I didn't know what was funny, but I just loved hearing him go at it.

My voice faded off, but Ben was practically gripping me to his chest and crying with laughter. "Y-y-you just-" I furrowed my eyebrows and just watched him. I beamed affectionately, not knowing what to do.

I poked his shoulder to try and get his attention, but he just rested his head on my shoulder and kept laughing. "Benjamin Fisher," I said, tapping his cheek.

"You just fell against the counter!" he exclaimed. "Lottie, what-"

I cupped his cheeks with both of my hands and turned him to face me, pressing my smiling mouth against his. That definitely got him to stop, and he kind of froze against me. I giggled and he moved his hands from my shoulders to my hair and started responding. I felt his heart beating wildly, and it made me smile wider.

I really loved him.

I moved back and grinned, wiggling my eyebrows. "Don't make fun of me," I said, pinching his cheeks and stretching them out.

"Jesus Christ, Lottie," he breathed, straightening up. His face was flushed, and that made me want to tease him really badly. "I just wanted to know what damn flavour your damn pie was."