Chapter Six

M A X

sitting besides emery on the subway i could tell she wasn't ready to socialise.

"great weather today" i spoke, hearing the blonde girl sigh as she looked up from her phone.

"beautiful" she sarcastically smiled.

"what's gotten your feathers ruffled?"

"heavy rains and suddenly i look like a bird? what type?" she locked her phone.

i thought for a moment.

"peacock, then the rain came and your true identity was shown.. ostrich!"

emery's face screamed-

"i am going to shove you in a puddle"

not exactly what i had in mind.

"a puddle?" i laughed, her eyes rolling playfully.

"i would've said i'd push you in the tracks but that'll be classed as attempted murder"

we started to draw attention on the once loud train, but we didn't care.

"i'd say being threatened with a puddle is also attempted murder. i could drown!"

"drown in something that's a few centimetres thick? my apologies" she smiled.

after that she turned back to her phone, who i'm guessing she was texting her two friends we were going to visit.

i was on my phone for awhile, airdropping photos of puppies to random strangers on the tube, but after most of them rejected my photos i gave up.

"don't you have some girls to message? i've seen your comment sections" my step sister spoke suddenly.

"they're all basic"

she let out a laugh.

"and what's wrong with being 'basic'?"

"it's not my type" i shrugged. "i want someone who'll do weird things with me in public, who'll get married in vegas because they don't like the thought of having a big wedding. who'll let me teacher our future kids klingon-"

"-i've heard enough" she smiled, shaking her head.

maybe the day wasn't going to be so bad?