Chapter Fifteen

H A N N O N

Aunt Pepper is staying in new york for two weeks with dad and Melissa.

I love my Aunt Pepper and I have been there for my siblings and dad.. but I have my own apartment with my girlfriend.

I can't stay and play babysitter like I always have.

So when five days passed since the incident with Hugo, I went back to my place.

Ryeo understands why I spend so much time with my brothers, normally she comes as well.

But she decided she wouldn't this time, instead she stayed in our apartment.

And she got a dog while I was gone.

"Honey let me explain" She smiled, standing up from once sitting on our couch. "I went to the pound with my sister, you know that. And, well, I saw this ray of sunshine and he had the saddest backstory-"

"-Rai I'm not upset" I approached my love, tucking some of her black hair behind her ear.

The fully grown dog jumped off from the couch, running up to me, I crouched down to his height.

Immediately he started licking me.

"What's this cuties name?" I asked, stroking the dog behind his ears.

"Zeus, he's an australia shepherd" Ryeo bent down as well, rubbing our dogs back. "He really did have a sad backstory, I couldn't leave him there"

I looked up at the girl I love, smiling at her kindness.

"I would've done the same"