Seven

I decide ten minutes into our trip that I despise Claire.

She's loud and annoying and hates listening to Owen. I don't see why I can't eat her, or why Owen can't push her off a cliff. I do my best to tune her out, but her voice grates on my ears and my patience runs out quickly.

"Shut up!" I snap, whirling around and growling in her face. "Or I will shut you up."

She squeaks and grabs at Owens's arm. I bare my teeth at her. Owen glares at me slightly as he retracts his arm from the witch's grip. "Falcon," he hisses. "Stop that or we'll get caught."

"I hate her," I snarl, advancing a step.

"Woah!" He says harshly, pushing Claire back and stepping in front of her. "Falcon, what's gotten into you?" He holds a hand up to my face and I whistle lowly, frustration and the slightest hint of fear crawling under my skin. "Enough," Owen hisses back, some of his Alpha dominance slipping into his voice. "That is enough Falcon."

I try to fight the order, but I duck my head and whine slightly. "Sorry Alpha."

"Better," Owen says, stepping away. Claire is trembling. serves her right. "Now, are we close?"

I take a deep breath and sort through the smells. Claire's perfume blankets the others and I huff as I push past it. The Indominus Rex leaves a trail of filth, but it's scent is distant and unthreatening. The boys, Zach and Gray, smell close and familiar.

I chirp at Owen. "Through here."

He nods and I creep through the foliage, grateful that even Claire has fallen silent now. A gloomy, broken shed comes into view and I chirp again as I sniff out a jacket. Owen picks it up.

"This one of theirs?" He asks.

Claire nods. "Yeah." She glances out along the barely visible road. "That road goes straight back to the park."

Owen checks out the other truck and I murmur quietly, sniffing Brough the rest of the stuff gathered in the abandoned shed. "How did they even get one of these started?" He wonders, before my head shoots up and I whistle shrilly.

The Indominus is coming.

Owen bustles Claire in front of the truck but I walk forward, headheld high. "Falcon," Owen breathes. "Get out of here."

"No."

It's too late for me to run anyway, the Indominus towers above me. Her nostrils flare. "Young one," she purrs. "I know your captors are here."

"No," I tell her. "They have gone."

Her breath smothers my face. Her head tilts. "You are not raptor."

I chirrup a laugh. "I am raptor and I am human."

"You cannot be both."

"I am."

She growls, stalking forward a step. "Step aside, hybrid."

Instead, I launch myself at her, wailing as she uses her tail to bat me away effortlessly. I am no match for her, not in my hybrid state, but Owen has cared for me all these years. Now is my time to repay him and protect him.

Blue would never forgive me if I let him get hurt.

I launch myself at her again, screeching angrily and clamping my jaw on her leg. She roars, staggering slightly. "Vermin!" She snarls, kicking me aside. I'm dizzy but I jump again, spitting and scratching at whatever I can get at.

Before the fight can get any more deadly, there are gunshots. I chirp in distress as bullets rain through the trees, hitting mostly the Indominus. One bullet scrapes my tail and I shriek.

For a moment, barely a moment, I lose track of events. There's a ringing in my head and my limbs feel strangely heavy. I cannot see, cannot think. I am on an endless sea of black, of nothing.

Until I hear Owen shouting.

"Flacon!" He calls, worry and desperation heavy in his voice. "Falcon, hey! The Indominus is gone, but we have to go too!"

"Owen?" I whine.

He smiles, but it's strained. "Hey. We gotta go, okay?"

I butt him with my head gently. "Lets got then."

IM SO SORRY IT HAS BEEN MONTHS AND I HAVENT UPDATED EEK IM SO SORRY