Nine

ITS BEEN SO LONG GUYS IM SO SORRY OMG.

There's only like, one chapter left though, so I'm hoping I won't take MONTHS to publish it.

I'm so sorry.

.

Owen can focus on nothing but the acrid taste of fear in his mouth as Barry tries to calm down Blue and the others. He pays them no mind as he crouched down next to his baby girl, gently tugging out the dart he'd had to hit her with.

"Oh Falcon," he murmurs, running his hand over her side gently. "You're far too loyal. I don't deserve you."

His words are rewarded by another rise and fall of her flank. She's breathing. She's alive. She unconscious and bleeding and he still has to deal with the Indominous.

"Barry," he says, and he doesn't look away from his dinosaur. "You think you can patch her up?"

Barry crouches beside him, abandoning his futile efforts to soothe Blue as she thrashes and hisses. "I can stop the bleeding," he says, pressing his hand to Flacon's side. Owen has the sudden urge to break his fingers. "I don't know if she'll wake up though."

Now Owen really wants to hurt him. "She'll be okay," he says forcefully, because believing otherwise will cripple him. "She's survived this long. She survived birth. I'm not giving up on her now."

"Owen," Hoskins warns, and Owen snarls at him. The fat man looks surprised. Owen doesn't care, just bares his teeth until Hoskins turns away. Maybe he's more raptor than he thought. Blue yips at him and he clicks his tongue at her.

Alpha indeed.

"Stop the bleeding," he tells Barry. "I'll go with Hoskins, see if we can stop the Indominous."

His heart hurts when he turns his back on Falcon and walks away, but he has to go and protect his other raptors now, like a good Alpha. If there's one thing that makes him feel better, it's that Hoskins won't speak to him.

.

It's hot and there's pressure under my skin.

I feel like I'm back in that place of nothing. There's nothing but darkness and a sense of confinement. Except this time I am more, and I am too big for this place. I am everything that is strength and determination and-

Pain.

Searing pain rips through me and I try and thrash but I can't move. I can't do anything but screech into that inky abyss as agony grips my muscles and shreds my soul into nothing.

"Owen!" I cry, but I don't think the call makes it past that shell of black. I'm trapped here, with my pain and the silence, and I want Owen. I want my pack. I want out.

"Falcon," someone soothes, and I chirp miserably. "Calm down, lovely. You'll hurt yourself more."

More? I'm hurt? Is that why I'm suffering? I don't understand, when did I get hurt? Where's Owen? Why am I alone, trapped in this nothing-world? Am I dying? What's happening?

So many questions that I have, and nobody is there to answer them for me. I cannot see, cannot move. I am a soul without a body. I am a consciousness without anything physical and I must be condemned to wander this plain of nothing.

-and then I wake up.

And it's Barry who's talking to me gently, his hands bathed in blood. My blood. I'm lying down, and Blue isn't there anymore. Charlie and Echo and Delta are all gone. Owen is gone. It's just me and Barry.

"Where are they?" I ask Barry frantically, trying to get up, get up Falcon!

Barry looks troubled as he reaches for me. "Easy," he says but I need to get to Owen, need to protect him. I do not listen to Barry. "Falcon, please. You'll start bleeding again."

"Owen," I snap.

Barry sighs in defeat, and points. "They're hunting the Indominous."

My blood runs cold, because that's the opposite of what I wanted. No, Owen can't face that thing, it'll kill him! It'll kill him and Blue and Charlie and Delta and Echo and-

Go Falcon, I think. Find him.

I leave Barry behind, and feel no remorse. Owen comes first. Besides, Barry always tries to feed me fish. I hate fish.

.

Owen thinks that this is it, he's set to die, when Blue bursts out of nowhere and launches herself at the Indominous. Then, his thoughts go from I'm going to die, to, all my raptors are dying and I can't do anything.

He focuses on keeping the kids safe, on hiding and wishing and trying not to be really, really scared.

Blue is launched across the pathway, and hits a wall, and doesn't get up.

And Owen knows true fear when Falcon erupts from the shadows and charges straight at the Indominous.

Oh god, Owen thinks. Am I going to lose them all tonight?