zero

ZERO

Before the battle of a girl fighting to find her mother, there was the fight of a woman trying to save her friend from a disaster only she could see coming, but sadly that fight wasn't won

Madeleine Bellefleur
was woman of many things, but the one thing she wasn't was a someone who gave up.

Fighting was involved in her life since she could remember, fighting with her father over the fact that girls like her could be a shadowhunter not just her brothers, fighting with her mother over wanting to embrace her 'gift' of being able to see the unseen, but her mother telling her to hide it, fighting with her best friend over the horrible man she was in love with, and she never stopped fighting even till her death.

Madeleine and Jocelyn were best friends in their youth during their schooling in Alicante. Connecting over a love for art and the beauty of the world around them the girls become an iconic pair around the institute or anywhere they went, the two girls left the world stumbling and shaking whenever they were sent out on a mission, those two were the dream team.

Even though she seemed like any other girl, Madeleine was born with what her grandmother called ' a gift from the angels'. She had the ability to see the future or things unknown and change them to benefit the world, her powers would soon grow to be able to understand people's minds in ways they couldn't even do themselves, and manipulate their emotions, but that wasn't always as easy as she hoped.

Due to her powers, Madeleine had always seen Valentine Morgenstern as selfish and hateful, she always knew what kind of man Valentine was going to be, and had tried to dissuade her best friend from marrying him, insisting that his charming demeanor masked a terrible amorality. While Jocelyn had convinced herself that Madeleine was merely jealous, Madeleine eventually lost contact with Jocelyn after she went on to marry Valentine, but she could still see and feel the pain and destruction he was was going to cause, and she felt helpless.

Years later, Madeleine received a letter from Jocelyn, detailing the back-up plan she had created in the event that Valentine found her after she had run away: that she would put herself into a magically-induced coma with a special potion. Jocelyn knew she could still trust Madeleine to be someone who would never betray her to Valentine because of her unwavering hatred for him and she hoped Maddy would help her when the time came.

Sadly, seventeen years before the time Jocelyn would need Madeleine most, Maddy's life was taken by the man she knew would destroy the world, and all that was left of her, was a small ice blonde baby, wrapped snuggly inside a sturdy wicker basket on concrete floor of a pregnant Jocelyn Fairchild's step.