one

ONE

"Happy birthday Clarypie

"Happy birthday Clarypie."

Sophia sang through her phone with pure glee, slowly starting to stretch her tired body causing the grey duvet that once rested on the bed to slowly begin to fall and sink to the wooden floor.

"Oh Soph! it's too early for socialising!" Clary wined like a child while the blonde forced herself out of bed.

"Don't be so glum! it's your birthday!" Her excited voice chirped back as her sock covered feet touched the still cold floor.

"Whoop." Clary tiredly replied back with no sign of excitement.

"Well you're up now and you have things to do and places to be! So get your butt out of bed Clarissa!" Soph yelled through the phone as her hand firmly gripped the gold painted doorknob.

"God Sophia you're turning into my mother." Clary spat back grumpily.

"I prefer 'caring older sister' " She joked back with a chuckle as her tired body slumped its way into her small kitchen.

"Well as my 'caring older sister' you should care about my sleep schedule." The redhead grumbled

"No can do! You've got your interview today and I want you to be ready! Go give them hell." Energy forced itself through her reply as a shaking hand reached up into the old wooden cabinet that Sophia always felt like it would fall on her.

"You already gave it to me!" Clary muttered under her breath.

"I'll see you at the cafe weirdo." She yelled back while reaching for Kai's box of Lucky Charms.

"Don't be late!" Clary warned finally with some energy.

"Ugh, dude." Sophia stressed with sarcasm, placing her bowl on the table as Clary giggled still.

"Love you forever blondie." Clary's voice slightly broke through the sound of the cereal clashing against them ceramic bowl.

"Love you forever ginge." Sophia mumbled through a spoon full of cereal and then the phone soon went silent.

And once again Sophia was alone, sometimes that felt like peace other times just darkness. It was her last few weeks of college and the idea of no longer being in a 'safe' controlled environment scared the crap out of her.

Sophia was able to somewhat control her weird visions and feelings due to the way college worked but now the outside world was calling for her and the voice was getting even louder and meaner.

"Good morning my favourite Lucky Charms stealer!" Kai's loud voice brought the blonde out of her daydream as he strutted into the kitchen smiling at his half-eaten cereal in Sophia's cracked blue bowl.

Kai was Sophia's best friend since he gave her his Mac n' Cheese at lunch in the 2nd grade, and he's been by her side with his floppy raven hair and cheeky smirk ever since.

"Geez Kai! you scared the beans out of me." Marshmallow rainbows spluttered out of her mouth as she tried to clean up the mess made from him scaring her.

"Beans, Beans?" Judgement lingered in his voice while he sat on the dark oak tabletop with a mixed coloured apple in his hand.

"Don't judge my lingo Mr 'I take English Literature and Spanish cos I'm cultured' blah blah." She mimicked him with exaggeration, placing her now empty bowl on the counter top next to the sink.

"Ha ha very funny Miss ' I'm so smart they let me take whatever I wanted.' Maybe you should have taken entertainment!" Chuckling at his own joke she rolled her eyes and threw a pear at him.

"Wow, you're hitting me where it hurts today." Soph fake cried as she spat her tongue out at him like a six-year-old making her way into their quaint living room.

"It's only because I care!" He yelled after Sophia followed by a bang after he accidentally slams into countertop like he always does.

"Well I've got a lecture this morning and frees the rest of the day so I'm off out with Clary and Simon so don't expect me to be back home to help you not fail at making dinner." Sophia's voice was now boring herself as she remembered she can't go to class in tartan PJs and needed to get changed.

"Don't worry I'll just eat your leftovers." A crunch of an apple followed his statement as she turned to see him smirking on her favourite teal loveseat that was always covered in cushions.

"If you touch my pizza I'll slice you." Sophia threatened furiously, you don't touch her food.

"How on earth are you going to get a boyfriend with those kind of horrible actions!" He gasped with fake hurt as she started to make her way into her room again.

"By stealing one!" Soph yelled back as she smiled at him with her figure hidden by the door.

"Well, have a nice time being single I'm off to go skip class waste all my parent's money on Marvel merchandise!" He yelled back as he strutted his way over to the front door.

"But you're still in your PJs!" She called back to him with slight nervousness thinking about the fact he looks like a total idiot.

"Nothing can stop me from worshiping Iron Man!" All she could see before he slammed the door was his cheeky grin,

'he's gonna get into so much trouble' Rose thought as she started getting ready for her day,

who would have thought she would be the one getting into so much trouble?

----