27. Flash&Flesh

"I think you're a bit confused," Jungkook announces, seconds before fabric hits my face and I realize he threw my own shirt at me. "I'm your ghost, not your puppy. I'm not going to fetch your clothes."

"Excuse you, you're the one who offered," I laugh as I put the shirt on, laughing once again when I see Jungkook visibly relax – he no longer has to avoid eye contact and my upper body region. "I would have jumped with a shirt on if I knew titties scared you as much as they do," I tease him.

"I'm not scared of titties and don't call them titties, it's weird," he rolls his eyes.

"Um, I'm pretty sure you are scared because you were as pale as a ghost when I took my shirt off."

"I'm the only one that makes death jokes," he glares at me. "Besides, titties can be pretty scary. And what the hell was that move anyways? You'd bend over backwards to kick me out of the bathroom even when I didn't have an intention of following you there and now suddenly, you're a nudist?"

"Dude, that's totally not the same," I plop down onto the sand, finally able to sit down now that I'm completely dry and dressed. "This is skinny dipping – you're supposed to be naked. And it's a controlled environment."

"Huh?"

"Meaning, I flashed you on my own accord for a greater purpose," I laugh. "You ogling at me while I shower is a totally different story."

"You do realize that I wouldn't actually do that, right?" he asks as he sits down next to me.

"I kind of figured that one out when you freaked out because of my titties," I laugh when he nudges me with his shoulder but I still see a tiny smile on his face. "You were such a dick when we first met though – even when you walked in on me changing."

"Yeah well, back then you were just my hot human roommate that could see me and talk to me."

"Are you implying that I'm not hot now?" I act flabbergasted.

"Nah, I'm implying that you're basically my only and best friend, but whatever floats your boat," he shrugs.

I was expecting him to deny it – after all, I was only joking when I said it. But I wasn't expecting him to call me his best friend. At this point, I know I am the only one he has but best friend? That means a lot.

Jungkook isn't the one for emotional confessions and I'm sure as hell not the one who reacts well to those. When I realize that despite my wishes, no coherent words are going to come out of my mouth, I closed it for good and I leaned over closer to him, linking my arm with his and leaning my head on his shoulder. "You're my best friend too," is all I can come up with.

I can't count it, nor compare it. Hoseok is my best friend. As are Jimin and Yoongster. But that doesn't mean that Kook can't be my best friend too – I know it doesn't because that's what he is. I meant what I said. After everything that has happened I honestly can't imagine not having him in my life, whether it's as an occasionally annoying presence in my apartment or a friend I get to talk to, someone who listens to me and unapologetically shakes some sense into me.

The comfortable silence lasts and I just wait for the moment Jungkook's going to break it. He never was particularly quiet, after all. It starts with a shrug of his shoulder, which makes my head almost fall from it – I link our arms a bit closer. "Penny for your thoughts," he mumbles.

I snort. "A couple hundred bucks wouldn't suffice."

"How about one at a time then?"

I take a deep breath, settling for something that's been on my mind lately but that I haven't voiced out loud. Not to him, not to anyone. Not even to myself. "I think I'm going to give up from university."