Chapter 31

"Rise and shine Ana." Raven sung opening the curtains.

"Ugh. I really wish you weren't such a morning person. " you said turning over and burying your head in a pillow.

"Come on Ana. Its already noon. And my surprise has to be done in before it gets dark. "

"Fine fine. I'm up." you grinned. "I call the shower." you shouted before making a run for the bath and shutting the door.

Raven banged on the door laughing "Dammit Ana."

After you finished you went back into the room to give Raven a chance in the shower.

You were in the room in your robe drying your hair when there was a knock on the door.

Upon opening the door you saw a bellhop standing there with flowers.

"These are for a Miss Analise Anderson. " he said in a husky voice.

"Thank you." you mumbled taking the red roses from him. "Who are they from?"

"The man told me that he was in the restaurant last night when he saw you." he nodded and turned away.

You put the flowers in a vase by the window and proceeded to finish your hair.

"Beautiful flowers. " Raven said walking out of the bathroom already dressed.  By now it was 2pm and you were both dressed and ready to go.

"I know. Someone sent them for me." you explained. "You all ready? "

She nodded "Sure am. Let's go." she grabbed your hand.

You couldn't have been happier to be wearing flat comfortable shoes. Raven has been dragged you all around Rome to look at the attractions. Now it was almost sunset when Raven turned to you.

"Ready for your surprise now?" she asked and you nodded. Then she pulled out a blindfold and placed it over your eyes.

"I'm going to hold your hand the whole time just make sure you're careful when you're walking. " she said tugging your hand.

You took cautious steps. You and Raven walked for about 5 minutes before she stopped you.

"Okay here is where it gets tricky. Im going to help you down slowly okay?" she asked and you nodded anxiously.

She helped you down and you stumbled on a sort of shaky surface. A few seconds later you heard whispers and the surface dipped a little before correcting its self. It felt like you were on a boat. You smiled at the thought of it.

"Alright Ana. You can take off the blindfold. " you did as Raven directed and your eyes squinted to adjust to the light. You were looking down to avoid the brightness of the sun. Your eyes adjusted and you opened them fully noticing a pair of black dress shoes in front of you. You slowly scaled your eyes up the black slacks to the light blue button down shirt. You stopped at the collor a bit afraid to look any higher when a finger cupped your chin your bring your face to its owner.

Erik.

He smiled at you as a tear escaped your eye as you threw your arms around his neck and sobbed into his neck.

"Oh Erik. I've missed you so much. I'm so stupid I should have never turned you away." you cried. He grabbed hold of your shoulders and gently pushed you back to look at you.

He used his fingers to dry your tears. "It's okay. Im going to fix it."

And for the second time that week Erik knelt down and pulled out the same velvet box. He opened it to reveal the most beautiful ring you have ever laid eyes on.