3: "I haven't tasted Italian in a while."

Chapter 3 - "I haven't tasted Italian in a while."

Three days into my first week of university, two nights out and thus far only one one-night-stand. I found myself settling in a lot more and the bonding between flatmates came easier with each passing day. Even though I was happy, I was still missing Nathan like crazy. Unfortunately, it didn't seem like I'd be seeing him any time soon.

"We agreed on this," he reminded me over Skype.

"I know," I sighed. "But I think when we agreed on it, I wasn't exactly in a sane state of mind."

He grinned, knowing exactly what I was talking about. "It's not my fault that my wonderful body has the power to drive you to insanity."

I rolled my eyes. "You know that's not what I meant."

"I still think it's for the best though, Bella," he said, turning serious again. "Just the first week, yeah? You need to settle in without me. You need the time to bond properly with all your flatmates."

"I didn't realize how much I'd miss you."

"You're only missing me so much because you're not used to not seeing me every day. You'll soon grow used to it."

"Are you used to it yet?"

He laughed. "Are you asking me if I miss you?"

"Well you seem to be coping more than me."

"I'm in a familiar environment. You're not. It'll hit you harder but that doesn't mean I miss you any less. Believe me; every single part of me misses you."

I couldn't help but smirk at that. "Any part in particular?"

"I'm not doing dirty talk. You're not ready for it."

I laughed. "Is this the part where you pretend I'm still innocent?"

"You'll always be innocent in my eyes, Bella. But if you fancy doing some role play, then name a character."

"Careful, I might take you up on that."

He winked. "And I might let you, so don't bluff."

I grinned. I'd have Nathan over a fictional character any day. Right now, as I watched him on my laptop screen with his messy hair, I had such a strong urge to scrape my hands through it and cover his mouth with my own. I wanted to feel his lips over mine and taste his tongue. One thing was for certain. Next time I was with him, I wouldn't take anything for granted.

"Maybe we can go out for dinner on Monday night?" he suggested. "Obviously I won't be able to stop over at yours because of work the next day but we can catch up properly over a nice meal and you can tell me if university is everything it's cracked up to be."

"That sounds great. Any places in mind?"

"I'll ask around at work to see if anyone can recommend somewhere in the city. Any particular cuisine?"

"I haven't tasted Italian in a while."

"I'm sure we'll be able to sort that out," Nathan smirked, his eyes sparkling.

"Please stop flirting. You're making me miss you even more."

"You started it! Stop feeding me innuendos if you don't want me to pick up on them."

I laughed and was about to make a witty retort when Jack's voice rang out from the other end of the corridor.

"Goal! Amazing goal! Hit the instant replay, Phil!"

I rolled my eyes and Nathan frowned in confusion. "Who was that?"

"Jack," I explained. "He's playing FIFA with Phil. They get quite into it."