Chapter 1: New Threats in Unknown Land

Author's Note: My stories seem to have a bad habit of just disappearing and reappearing before my eyes. Now my Claymore story fell victim to it as well, as I can no longer find it. Till it comes back, I've found another anime that revolves around medieval fantasy, except with the modern day Japanese army thrown into the mix (God knows why ¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯). So I figured, "While we're at it, why not throw our protagonist into the mix.

In a nutshell, screw the old  phone I'm using, fuck it, let's get this started.

By the way, props to BOTCH_CARA for creating the image above.

_________________________________

Doom Slayer's POV

Ha yden: You've won. It's over.

No. We haven't.

Samuel: You've closed the portal and stopped the invasion, but it came at a cost. Argent, VEGA, this entire operation. You see, I've watched you work- come to understand your motivation.... You think the only way is to kill them all, leave nothing behind...

You're creating a worldwide catastrophe.

Hayden: But we just can't shut it all down! Without Argent Energy, it will be worse.

Worse than Hell invading our world? I don't think so.

I felt the Crucible being ripped from my hands into his.

You...

Hayden: But with this, we can continue our work....I'm not the villain in this story. I do what I do because I must. I don't expect you to agree.

Not in the slightest.

Hayden: I can't kill you, but I will not have you in the way of progress.

TETHERING IN PROGRESS...

What!?

Hayden: Till we meet again.

You son of a bitch!

And with that, Hayden sent me through the light into the unknown. I stayed motionless, unable to do anything. Transported against my will, I would have to wait until arriving at a new location. Wherever it would be, I do not know. An alert on my Heads up Display informed me of an incoming signal. The sender shown as 'Unknown' with only static coming through. A few hisses and clicks later, a familiar voice spoke through.

???: Hello.

VEGA.

VEGA: Yes. I am VEGA. I thank you for taking a backup of myself. It has taken the length of time from when you made the backup to just now for me to correctly integrate myself with your suit.