Chapter 7: Making Amends

Italica...
Count Formal Manor...
A Few Hours Later...
3rd Person POV

The princess and the countess both sat on the small thrones, overseeing the recovery of Italica when the princess's oldest member of the Rose Order of Knights approached her.

Grey: Your grace.

Piña: What is it, Grey?

Grey: You may want to see this for yourself.

Piña: What is it?

A Few Minutes Later...

Piña: ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

After witnessing the Doom Slayer's unpleasant return to Italica by the remainder of her Order, she slapped herself in the face with her own hand, muttering to herself with Grey beside her.

Piña: It hasn't been a day, and we've already broken the treaty.

Grey: They can't use this as a reason to restart the war. I wouldn't put it past your father to, but we're not too sure if these "Japanese", or the Doom Slayer, would do the same.

Piña: If either one does, this'll all be over quickly.

Grey: At the very least, Bozes and Panache haven't done any real harm to him, but he does seem unpleasant about his return. At the very least, we should apologize for what they did.

Piña: You want me to just crumble?

Grey: I don't think you want to fight, all things considered. 

Piña: Hnrgh....

Nighttime...
Doom Slayer's POV

This is the dumbest shit I've ever seen.

Kaine: I apologize on behalf of the Countess for any inconveniences you may have experienced in you're return, Mr. Blazkowicz.

It's not you, or your staff at fault. You have no reason to apologize.

Hearing towards the door, I opened them to see that the moon had taken the sun's place, dimming the sky with its presence.

Dammit...

Kaine: Allow us to let you use the guest room for the night. It's the least we could do to make up for the Rose Order's "aggressive" introduction.

Sighing I turned back around.

I guess. Thank you, Kaine.

Nodding, she pointed upstairs as she responded.

Kaine: Up those stairs, the first room on the left is the guest room.

Nodding in return, I did as the head nanny asked and walked up the stairs towards the guest room. As I was closing the door, I sort of noticed a few blue robes trailing behind me, but thought nothing of it. Closing the door, I rested my back against the wall and sat down on the floor. Shotgun in hand, I tilted my head down and closed my eyes for the first time in  what felt like eternity.
...
...
...

 Shotgun in hand, I tilted my head down and closed my eyes for the first time in  what felt like eternity