chapter four

Amber-

Throw up. Four times last night. This whole Kai thing was stressing me out. Not telling Jeremiah, who I love. But do I love Kai? I didn't know. I had a date with Jeremiah tonight. I want going to tell him anything. Ever.

Later that night-

Jeremiah put his hand on mine. We were in a fancy place, and I was wearing a tight dress. I felt so sick and nauseous all I wanted to do is get in my pjs. The waiter started to our wine in my glass. The thought made me want to throw up more, I politely declined.

"Are you okay, babe?" He asks.

"I'm fine. I just feel sick." I say. He smiles. That smile! It was my world! If I never saw this smile again, I would be in another place.

"If we were to get married, would you want kids?" I ask. I don't know why it came to my mind.

Jeremiah almost chokes on his wine. "Amber, are you pregnant?"

"No, no I'm not. I just was wondering." I reassure him.

"I don't know. I had a bad experience with my dad. I don't think so. Why?" He responds.

It wasn't much of a let down, because kids weren't my priority either. But the fact that he didn't want kids ever, kind of frightened me.

"I was just asking." I say.

"But getting married, that's another subject." He says out of the blue. He gets up out of his chair, and gets on one knee.

"Amber Gena Michaels. Will you marry me?" He says.

Everything around me goes white. Then black. Then I hit the floor. I wake up in a hospital bed. Jeremiah squeezing my hand.

"You're awake! Oh thank goodness." He says. "I thought my proposal was going to kill you." He reminds me.

I prop up. Kai walks in. I was even more confused.

"I thought I'd call your best friend." Jeremiah tells me empathetically.

The sight of Kai warms my heart. He kisses my forehead.

"How are you feeling?" He asks.

"I'm fine now, I just- I don't know what happened." I look down, to see a needle in my arm pumping fluids into me. A doctor walks in.

"Amber! Glad to see you awake." She says. I smile awkwardly. "It seems as though you are just extremely dehydrated. So we have some fluids pumping right now to help fix that." She tells me. "Jeremiah here tells me that you've been sick lately?"

I nod. "We have a cure." She says. I smile and want that drug or drink or workout done or inside of me right now.

"You're pregnant!"

Pregnant.

Pregnant.

Pregnant.