ch.4

Waking up in the morning is always a difficult task for me, but hot water makes it worth while. And being honest, if I hadnt had to work today I wouldve stayed up all night.

When I got out of the shower I did my usual makeup and looked at andrews flannel on the floor. I picked it up and put it on my body, pairing it with black jeans.

I put my damp hair into a bun and left my bangs out. A few hairs that didnt make it into the bun fell loosly around my face and neck.

I walked downstairs to see laura already up and ready to go." I hate how perky you are all the time, havent you had a bad day once?" I joked.

" never" she smiled back as we got in the car. I scrolled through social media until we got to the cafe. I adore this town.

We walked in and greeted moira and put our aprons on." Isn't that andys?" Laura asked me, referring to the flannel. I had never considered the nickname andy for him, he seems like such an andrew.

We got a morning rush of people coming in to go to their jobs. I wish I could get to know everyone here, a complete new set of people in my life. I want to hear about little tidbits of what their day to day life is like.

Finally the rush went down and laura and I chatted. I asked her to talk to me about her and alexs relationship. What their favorite things to do are, what music they both like, what their favorite movies to watch are.

" how did you two meet?" I asked her." Andy" she told me. I smiled at the idea of andrew making two people fall in love." I just wish he could find someone because I've known him simce college and I haven't even heard him mention a girl" she rambled as she wiped a counter top.

" I think my wish came true though" she whispered and winked at me, causing me to roll my eyes. " speaking of the devil" she said as she turned towards the counter." Good morning " I said as he walked up to the counter, a groggy look on his face." Nice dress" he joked.

" thanks I stole it" I joked." Oh did you?" He asked, raising an eyebrow." No actually a very handsome gentleman lended it to me, little does he know I have zero intention of giving it back" I told him with a flirty tone.

He grinned and he and laura talked while I made his order. I took a sharpie and wrote my number on the side of the cup and handed it to him." There you are mr. Hozier-byrne" I said handing him the coffee cup.

" thank you mrs lancaster" he said and bowed to me. He went and took a seat by the window and I looked over to him.

He looked around then motioned with his head for me to join him. I looked at laura and she nodded." I got this" she said.

I walked over and wiped a few tables down while walking to him. I sat across from him in the booth he was sat at." Cheeky" he said referring to me writing my number.

" isnt that what the baristas do in cliche movies when they have a cute customer?" I joked." You think im cute?" He inquired. My face heated up at him catching that part i snuck in.

" no who said that?" I joked." Well I think youre cute too if you were wondering" he said as he took a sip of his coffee." And you make a mean cuppa joe" he added.

" thank you I've had practice, my mother is absolutely addicted to coffee" i explained.

" so you were born for this job".

" yeah I'd say so, coffee is my true calling" I told him as he got his phone out. He started typing away and I tried to peak at what he was doing.

" who ya writing to?" I inquired playfully." Oh just a cute barista" he said casually." Does she happen to be wearing a flannel similar to one you own?" I asked.