4. bradenton

Castiel and Dean have steadily managed to convince the middle Winchester of them having separate rooms, adding that Castiel will be going to the bunker or visiting the local hospital to perform some miracles for families who could use them. Though Cas never does go to the bunker to do some extra research, and he never saves the life of a family's breadwinner. Instead, he spends the night keeping Dean on his knees taking slaps to his face, making him crawl around the hotel room on his hands and knees, and fucking Dean's throat until there are tears in his eyes.

Tonight in Bradenton, however, Dean has been run ragged by the day's events. As it turns out killing eight vampires is strenuous work, so when he opens the hotel room he stumbles out of his shoes, drops his bag to the floor, and falls gracelessly onto the bed.

Castiel sits down on the bed next to him, having removed his clothes down to his boxers. He kisses the hunter gently behind his ear and rests his hand in his hair. "Dean you should take a shower. You've had a rough day."

Dean huffs. "Too tired. Do it tomorrow." His voice is already thick with sleep and Castiel knows that Dean will not, in fact, do it tomorrow.

Cas stands up, pulling on Dean's hands urging him to sit up as well. "Come shower with me." Dean scrunches his face in response, running his thumb along the back of Cas' hand. "Let me take care of you..." Cas tenses as soon as he says it. He hadn't meant for it to be said out loud, sort of a mental note thing.

Dean opens his groggy eyes to look up at Cas. He sits up silently, his hands still in Cas'. He's never truly had someone to 'take care' of him, so the idea of Cas even wanting to do that, let alone offering to do so, was completely new. "You want to shower me?" He asks in an almost hesitant voice. "I thought you were all about using me as your personal fuck toy, not taking care of me." His voice almost hitches at the end.

"Well, I enjoy that part as well." Cas chuckles, bringing his hand up to hold Dean's jaw. "But I also want you to be safe and cared for. And I want to be the person that gives that to you." Cas looks down at his bare chest. "I'm sorry, I probably sound ridiculous." Cas drops Dean's hands and takes a half step back.

There's a beat of silence between them. "No, Cas, you don't. I'm just not used to having someone who actually cares about me like that. Hell, I've never even had a safeword with someone in a dynamic like whatever this is that we've got going on." Cas sighs. Dean stands, bringing them close together again. He leans in to kiss Cas, happy when the angel reciprocates. The two share a quick kiss before Cas pulls them apart.

"So can I shower you? Because no offense, you definitely need one." Cas smirks at Dean, hands resting on his chest.

"Yes, Sir."

Cas smiles at Dean, leading them both to the bathroom. He kisses Dean softly, his hands already working to undo his pants in slower and smoother motions that contrast the fast and lustful motions of the many previous nights. He pushes them down Dean's legs, allowing him to hold onto the angel's shoulders to steady himself as he steps out of them. As he comes back up, his hands push and pull at the hem of Dean's shirt, eventually pulling it over his head with minimal difficulty. Castiel takes note of the small red marks across Dean's chest and ribs that his grace has left when he was inflicting agreed on amounts of pain. He leans down to kiss one particularly dark mark, earning a sigh and a smile from Dean.

Castiel sits Dean on the vanity before running the tap on the shower. He takes a minute or two to get it to the temperature they both will enjoy, turning back to Dean when he finishes. Dean had been watching Castiel's back the whole time, wondering where his wings actually sit, and what they look like. Cas stands in front of Dean, hands rested on the man's thighs. Dean's hands wrap around the back Cas' neck, pulling them together for a hug, and letting his eyes drift closed if only for a moment.