6. las vegas

The music around him courses through Dean's body, but he remains glued to his chair in the corner of the club. He thought this place was pretentious, but Sam insisted they celebrate a hunt gone well. Now the three of them sit at a table strewn with empty bottles and glasses of miscellaneous alcohol in the corner of a very loud and vibrant club. Women dance on the floor while men strut around the perimeter like hawks circling their prey, waiting for the perfect moment to swoop in and steal one away to undisclosed locations. Sam, Dean, and Cas all keep watchful eyes on the crowd, ready to step in if something appears to go awry.

A woman in a skimpy outfit comes by with another tray of drinks and unloads them onto the table. Dean immediately reaches for what appears to be the club's signature drink, red sky night, while Sam's eyes are firmly fixed on the lady. She takes a few of the empty glasses and bottles off of the table and onto her tray. Just before she steps away from the table again, she places a napkin in front of Sam and winks. Sam hunches over to read it, smirks, and downs one of the shots from the table.

"I'm uh. I'm gonna go to the uh." Sam rattles his alcohol-drenched brain for an excuse but comes up with nothing.

"Go ahead, Sam, I will keep an eye on Dean and make sure he gets back to the hotel safely," Cas says, allowing Sam to go.

"I bet you will," Sam lets slip with a chuckle while standing from the table. Everyone freezes. Dean peels his eyes away from his drink to look at his brother. "Hey uh, you know just because you two uh," He stumbles backward a step but regains his balance. "I know you two are fucking okay you're not great at hiding it just go have a good time I'm gonna go hunt down, uh" He looks at the napkin, "Lena." And with that, Sam disappears into the crowd.

Dean downs the rest of the drink abruptly and pulls Cas and himself away from the table. "Let's go somewhere else," he says, practically dragging Cas through the crowd and to the door. Once outside, Dean shocks Cas by pushing him against the wall and kissing him with drunken force. Cas, sober, holds Dean by his hips so he stays steady. Cas is turned on but confused by being the one 'against the wall' for once.

"Keep on stepping, fellas," says the bouncer in an attempt to keep the crowds on the sidewalk moving. Dean and Cas separate with a giggle before Dean starts dragging Cas down the street.

"I saw this place on the way in. I want to take you there, I've never been." Their hands find each other and their fingers intertwine.

Castiel is happy to be pulled along by a drunken Dean Winchester. He has been feeling himself become completely enamored by Dean with a terrifying velocity over the past few days. He has never felt this way with any other human before, nothing even came close. Sometimes he wishes he could stop time just so he can stand still with Dean and touch him, look at him, tell him how he feels. Castiel may have been around for millennia, but he cannot imagine a future without Dean by his side.

The vibrant colors hanging from every available inch of space finally pull Cas' gaze from Dean's profile. Rainbow flags and decorations seem to float in the air, with the occasional blue pink and purple, pink white and blue, and many others. The couple stops and takes in their surroundings. Dean's face relaxes into a slight smile and soft eyes. He looks at Cas, whose eyes are still taking in the colors around them. To Dean, their beauty, though nearly overwhelming in what they symbolize to him, pale in comparison to Cas' infatuated look.

Dean spots a cart selling miniature flags and an array of handkerchiefs. He picks up a bisexual pride flag and a black paisley handkerchief. He fishes some money out of his wallet and shoves a few dollars in the donations bucket before tucking the wallet, flag, and handkerchief into his back right pocket. A smile cracks his face as he Finds Castiel's hand again and pulls him into the nearest bar.