Chapter 27

Azariah Williams

"I'll pull up with the stick, I let that shit hit. SHUT UP!"

"I fucked that nigga bitch!" Zachariah finished making me laugh. 

"Shoot at me, I'll shoot it back. I'm making buckets."  I said acting like I had a gun in my hand.

"You so sexy." He said making me laugh. "Where's the girls?"

"Uhh...last time I checked Zala was doing her chores and Zaya is doing homework.

"Shit." we heard someone behind us say. We looked behind us and saw Zala cramping holding her stomach.

"You good sis?" Zachariah asked raising one eyebrow. I saw bruises on her arms and noticed she put to much make-up on.

"Yea," She said giving him a fake smile. I knew it was something else going in Zala life for her to be acting the way she is.

"I'll be back babe." I went upstairs and went into the bathroom she was cleaning. She walked back in the bathroom and jumped.

"Sorry didnt k--"

"Who did it?" I asked closing the door after pulling her in.

"I don'--"

"Zala, no matter how I'm treating you right now you can tell my anything and you know that. It'll stay between  us."

"I'm fine." She said trying to give me that same fake ass smile.

"Zala, you can give your brother that fake ass smile, but I'm not falling for it." She broke down in tears and shook her head.

"He hits me and he made me get an abortion." She said crying. "I love him so so much that I'm willing to just stay by him." She said crying harder. "And the way Zachariah is treating me I can't stand it."

"We just care about you."

"I know." She said crying harder and harder. "This is for my own good...I'm scared to tell Zachariah because what if he still kicks me out? I don't wanna be grown, being grown is hard." She said shaking her head. "A-and I'm scared. He has been hitting me harder and harder every time and I'm scared. I don't wanna live anymore." 

I pulled her into a hug and started crying with her, "I lost a relationship with you and Zaya."

"awnn girly. You didn't lose any love from me or Zaya. And it's Zachariah you can talk to him. When you get an abortion?"

"Last week." She said wiping her tears away. "And he wasn't even there."

"Babe, you need to leave him. He ain't no good for --"

"I can't sis. He said if I tried to leave him then he'll kill me and Zaya. So I been thugging through it, but I can't anymore."

"You can and you will. If you decides to do something you I promise you we'll make his death a living hell."

"Babe! We got the cake tasting!" Zachariah yelled.

"Hold on babe!" I said reaching under the sink and gave Zala some make-up remover.

"Here take that make-up off so I can see how bad the damage is."

"BAE!" He yelled making me step out the bathroom.

"Can you wait. I'm talking to Zala." I said making him nod than walk downstairs. I walked back in the bathroom and seen both her black eyes and her bruised cheeks. she had cuts on her eyebrows making me shake my head.

"Ouch,"

***

"Where's Zala?" Zachariah asked walking back in the house. After the cake tasting he had to handle some business.