Chapter 3--Beach Please

I was ecstatic when the weekend finally came around. My mom was happy that I had already made friends. So happy in fact, that she even helped me pick out my swimsuit and fix my hair just right. She smiled at me and said, "You look great, honey. You're finally going to be a normal teenager! You need to invite your friends over for dinner soon!" I laughed and I agreed.

When I got to the beach, Kaido and the other boys were there. Teruhashi and I arrived at the same time though. The pretty girl wore a cute little green bikini while I wore a (favorite color) bikini that showed off my curves. Teruhashi and I approached the boys and Kaido's eyes widened as he let out a dazed, "Oh wooow." Teruhashi smirked and flicked her glimmering hair over her shining shoulder. "Thank you, Kaido. I'm just so effortlessly pretty." Kaido shook his head, his cheeks red. "No. (Y/n) looks so pretty!" Teruhashi's jaw dropped as she yelled out, "WHAT?! HER?!" I smiled widely, "Aww, Kaido! You're so sweet."

"Come on, let's get in the water!" Nendo yelled, running toward the ocean at breakneck speeds. "Ok!" I yelled cheerfully making my way to the waves as Kaido trailed behind me. Though I noticed that as I went out further, Kaido had stopped following. I turned around to ask what was wrong but Nendo beat me to the punch, "What, are you scared of a little water?" he teased.

Shaking his head vigorously, Kaido yelled, "What? No, I'm not afraid of the water! I can swim!" as he marched further into the ocean so the water was about knee height. But I could tell by the look on his face that no, he could not swim.

Walking towards him, I decided to change the subject, "Eh, I really don't feel like swimming anymore. Do you want to help me build a sandcastle, Kaido?"

He sighed in relief and smiled, "Yes please." I grabbed his hand and led him over to a spot as he blushed bright red. I sat down and started making the pillars for the castle. "I know you want to seem all cool and tough but you don't have to pretend. We will still be impressed if you are honest, okay?" I looked up at him and smiled.

He looked at me with a shocked look. "Wow. Am I really that obvious? You know what, (y/n), I really like you. You're really cool."

I smiled and ruffled his cute hair. "I like you too." I smirked and said, "Alright, here's a game. Whoever can make the tallest sandcastle wins. No cheating. "He grinned and clenched his fists, "I'm in!"

Giggling, I got to work piling the sand up. My sandcastle was getting to a pretty impressive height when some women showed up and started cooing about how cute Kaido was. The more flustered he got the angrier I become, 'Those cougars better not fucking touch him-' One of them reached out her hand to ruffle his hair. Without thinking, I quickly got up and smacked the woman's hand away, "Much appreciated if you would keep your wrinkled hands off of my b- my friend," I smiled menacingly.

Kaido blushed at my slip up as one of older women wrinkled her nose at me, "What if we don't? You're just his friend as you said, so what if we talk to him."

I frowned and took his hand, "Well maybe we are a little bit more than friends? Plus he's too young for you, old hag." She gasped and glared at me, walking away while she and her accomplice started muttering about the bad manners of today's youth. I pulled Kaido close to my side and said, "I like your hair. I'm not letting some old bat ruin it."

Kaido's face exploded in a crimson color as he stuttered out, "Th-thanks, I like you to. I-I MEAN, your hair is really pretty, I really like it, and it smells good like you. N-not that I smell you, oh gosh that came out weird." I giggled as I hugged the flustered boy, "Oh my goodness you are the cutest thing," I said as I nuzzled his hair.

He became even more flustered, muttering nonsense. I smiled and took his hand, "Hey, let's go in the water. We won't go deep but if you get nervous just squeeze my hand and we can get out."

He bit his lip but nodded, "Okay. I trust you." I led him into water that reached half of his shin and smiled, "Not so bad, right?" He smiled, "With you, the water seems fine." I smirked and splashed him, "Good." He let out a surprised yelp and splashed me back, laughing.

Soon we were in an all-out splashing war that surprisingly Nendo and Teruhashi decided to join in on. Everything was going fine until I saw a large wave ahead coming towards shore behind Kaido. Knowing that he would freak out over a sudden wall of water hitting him from behind, I rushed over to him as quickly as I could, capturing him in a tight hug in order to try and keep us both upright as the wave passed, completely drenching us both. However, as the wave receded back into the ocean, it took the sand I was standing on with it, causing me to lose my footing and fall backward, still holding onto Kaido.

I fell onto my back into the water, Kaido landing on top of me. Luckily the water wasn't so high so my head wasn't all the way under water. I blushed, feeling Kaido's body on mine.

I looked at him, "I'm sorry to break the mood but we better get up before another wave hits us." He blushed and nodded quickly, getting up and helping me up too. I took his hand and led him back onto the beach.

"I-I'm sorry, Kaido. I didn't mean for that to happen." He blushed red.

"I-it's ok. You were only trying to help right?" He blushed as I nodded my head. I smiled, "Well, that's enough of the ocean for me for one day. I think I'm going to relax and dry off a bit before we have to start heading home."

"I'll come with you," Kaido offered. "Sure," I smiled, taking his hand and leading him to the spot on the beach that our group had claimed via an umbrella and a few scattered towels.

I sat down on a towel and pulled Kaido down next to me, snuggling him. "Kaido?" He looked at you with pink dusted cheeks. "Yes?" I looked at him with a devious smile. "You're mine, okay?" He blushed and hid his face. "O-okay." I ruffled his amazing hair and looked at the group. "Tomorrow do all of you guys want to come over for dinner?" Everyone chimed in with an excited sure, even Saiki.

Shortly after, we all left the beach as it would be getting dark soon. Packing up and heading separate ways to our individual houses, we and called out our goodbyes.

"Don't forget, dinner at my house tomorrow, guys!" I shouted a cheerful reminder, receiving thumbs ups and nods from everyone.

Walking home, I couldn't help the skip in my step and the blush on my face. It's the first time I've ever gotten to hang out with people who weren't scared of my father's influence, let alone people willing to acknowledge me as a friend. Then there's Kaido, the boy that I may have seen as a little more than a friend... "I'm so happy" I quietly squealed to myself.
"That's good, cause you're not going to be so happy when we're through with you. Purse and any jewelry you're wearing, now," a gruff voice sounded behind me. Turning around, I see about three guys standing in the ever-growing shadows of the street. I arched an eyebrow at them, "Really? This is SO cliche," I muttered, rolling my eyes.

This seemed to make the leader angry as he stepped forward to try to grab at the front of my shirt, "Listen here, girly-"

"No, YOU listen here, jerk," I said, whipping my favorite butterfly knife from its concealed place on my hip under my sundress, "You have no idea who the fuck you're messing with, do you? I suggest that you crawl back into whatever dumpster you came out of before I put you back in there myself," I threatened, slicing his cheek for good measure.

That seemed to do the trick as the three thugs slowly backed away before sprinting away as if they had just seen Satan himself. I smirked proudly and made my way home to tell my mother about my day and the dinner plans I had arranged.