Chapter 8--A Date

I was excited as we finally arrived at an amusement park. Kaido had kept saying that the we were going to a "secret dimension filled with excitement and adventure," and wouldn't give me any straight answers when I asked him about it. Looking at the massive place in front of me, I couldn't help but feel warm inside, 'He wanted it to be a surprise. That's so sweet.' I couldn't help the big grin that took over my face as I grabbed Kaido's arm and pointed to the tallest rollercoaster in the theme park, "Can we go on that on first? Please?"

Kaido put on a fake smile to pretend he was brave and said, "Sure! Let's do it!"

I smiled widely and pulled him along by his arm to the ride. After about 10 minutes of waiting in line, it was our turn to get on. We climbed into seats that were at the front of the rollercoaster and the worker strapped us in. I looked over at Kaido and his face was flushed of all color. I took his hand and squeezed it.

"We are going to be fine, okay." The blue haired boy looked at me and nodded.

"Okay. I think I'll be fine as long as you don't let go of my hand."

I smiled as the ride started and we ascended to the top. Once we reached the highest point the car slowly started to go over, letting us have a full view of the impending drop. I felt Kaido squeeze my hand and suddenly the car tipped over and we were soaring down the rollercoaster track to the low point as Kaido screamed at the top of his lungs.

I may sound like a bit of a sadist, but I loved his over the top reaction. The way he squeezed my hand was precious as well. Though after we got off the ride, I did feel a bit bad to see that the adrenaline rush made him look like a lifeless zombie. To make up for it, I grabbed his hand and gently ushered him to one of the picnic areas.

I sat him down at a table and ordered us some drinks, arriving once more with the refreshments. "Th-thanks," he said, starting to sip on his drink.

I ruffled his hair and put my head on his shoulder, "You're cute even when you're scared." He blushed and nodded, still slowly sipping his drink.

I smiled and looked at him, "Once you're ready we can go on the ferris wheel if you want."

He smiled and said, "Yes. That sounds like fun."

I studied his face. His cute blue hair was tousled from the ride and he was slowly gaining the color back in his cheeks. His pretty reddish-brown eyes were looking around the park and his pink lips were turned upward in a slight smile. God, I've only known him for two weeks but he just makes my stomach fill with butterflies.

He noticed my observant gaze on him as a blush overtook him, "W-what? Is there something on my face?" He asked, reaching up with his sleeve to wipe at his face.

I giggled, "No, there's nothing on it. I was just thinking about how handsome you are."

I didn't even think it was possible but he blushed even more and hid his face behind his hand.

He spoke through his fingers as he said, "T-thank you. I think you're quite b-beautiful."

I smiled and felt my face heat up. "Thank you," I said as I moved his hands from his face, "Are you ready to go on the ferris wheel now?"