1. Brie

***This book is a sample only since it is available on Amazon Kindle Unlimited. Only the first 10 chapters are available here.***
***

T

he growling.

Always with the damn growling.

It's like it was impossible for Alphas to be in public without losing their temper over something; trying to see whose dick was bigger. It didn't seem to matter the species, either.

Brie rolled her eyes at herself as she made her way through the dim room packed full of bodies. The music was so loud she could barely hear her own thoughts; with so many people crammed into the club, even her skirt and tank top seemed too warm. Her milky skin glistened with a layer of sweat.

"Hey Sheena, I need two doubles, and four pints."

Brie leaned her hip against the counter, fanning herself as she sat her tray on the top and waited for the drinks.

"These Alphas are killing me. There's too many, and it's too damn hot in here!"

Sheena turned to her with the drinks and raised her purple eyebrows. "I know what you mean. It always sucks when we get warships in. We end up with so many of them in here that you can't move without bumping someone, and they lose their shit if they've been drinking too much. Plus, the warship crews are wound too tight, anyway. Grouchy fuckers. You feel okay Brie?"

"Yeah, I'm good. It's just the growling and having to hustle my chubby ass more than usual, plus all the bodies," Brie responded, lifting the full tray with a shrug.

Sheena grinned at her, showing off her sharp canines. "You know you got a nice ass," she said, winking. "Just try to ignore the Alpha-holes. You've taken your pills, right?" Sheena asked, sobering and giving her a pointed stare.

With Sheena's dusty blue skin and neon green eyes, her stare used to seem creepy, before Brie had seen weirder things at the club.

Sheena was the only person who knew that Brie was not a beta like her but was an omega on heat suppressants. Though it was illegal to hide her dynamic, that was better than the alternative. Being an Omega on a space station where the population had a higher than usual number of Alphas could mean bad things... if you weren't careful.

The best- case scenario, being force bonded to a complete stranger. Even though Station Eight wasn't in the middle of nowhere, it was far enough out in the Legion that not everything that happened on the station was on the right side of legal, and there were much worse alternatives.

"Of course," Brie said sweetly, blowing Sheena a kiss.

She headed back to her tables as Sheena moved on to other orders.

Even though Sheena wasn't much older than Brie, she had acted as a mother figure ever since Brie came to the station as a stowaway, running from a brother who tried selling her to an Alpha almost three times her age. Brie's parents both died when she was a child, and for a couple of years they made do with what they could scrap together.

Eventually though, her brother's gambling problem got him in a bind, and since she didn't look like a child anymore, she became his get out of jail free card. As soon as she figured out what he was planning to do with her, she snuck onto the first ship she could catch off-world. Lucky for her, Sheena found her shortly after she stumbled off the ship, dehydrated and weak from hunger.

She took Brie in, fed her, and taught her the ropes on the station. She also found the heat suppressing pills for Brie once she realized Brie was an omega entering puberty.

They lived together for a few years, until the apartment next to Sheena's opened up. Brie moved to give Sheena her space back and to prove to herself that she could make it on her own.

Brie went back to the table that was waiting for their drinks. Two Alegran Alphas with their short red horns and solid black eyes, most likely from the warship that came in, and two of the girls from the pleasure deck watched her.

Another one of the other-than-legal things that everyone on the station turned a blind eye to, Deck Three was a place that females avoided, unless you were willing to take credits to give pleasure. The girls would come into the club often to lure men back to their rooms.

As an omega, just the thought of what would happen to her on that deck made Brie nauseous. She had heard the stories from when it happened in the past. It was a blood bath.

"Here's your drinks," she yelled over the music with a smile for the Alphas.

She passed the drinks out around the table, and the Alegran on the left grunted, holding out his arm so Brie could pass the scanner over his wristband.

Everyone on the station wore one since it contained all their personal information. From identity, to funds, to security clearances, and medical information. It told the time and worked as a communicator, too.

Only slaves went without one since they were property, but there weren't many of those on the station.

As she took the payment for the drinks, the Alpha on the right leaned over and made a grab for Brie's ass, even though he had one of the pleasure girls halfway in his lap. Brie had been doing this long enough that she easily avoided his hand.

Flashing him a smile to keep him from getting too upset, she took off in the other direction, weaving through people to her next table. Brie had learned to be quick on her feet to avoid groping patrons and drunk Alphas that took offense at the slightest provocation. Including evading their advances.

Apparently, they took that as an insult, so it was best to get out of reach quickly. Alphas seemed to think they had the right to get what they wanted, and when they were drinking, they became barbaric animals that only wanted two things; to fight or fuck.

Maybe it was because she had been on heat suppressants for so much of her life, but Brie wasn't like other omegas that would meekly give in to any Alpha. Their growling just grated her nerves, and she'd never heard the supposed purr they could make.

Shaking her head, Brie told herself to shut up and focus on her job so she could get through her shift.