8. Brie

W

hen Brie's alarm went off, it was later than usual. Luckily the wristbands could tell if a person was asleep or not and adjust the alarm accordingly. If it hadn't, she would have only gotten a few hours of sleep since she had lain awake for so long last night. She was hot and uncomfortable and aching between her legs in a way she never had before.

With no plans for the day, Brie slipped on a T-shirt to sit around the house and stayed occupied reading until it was time to get ready for work. Though she was supposed to be waiting until after that day's shift to take her pill, and it was making her nervous.

Brie showered and dressed in a sleeveless emerald top and black skirt, pulling her mass of hair into a low ponytail. As she was leaving her rooms, she ran into Sheena coming out of her apartment as well.

Walking together, Sheena asking how she was doing. Though Brie had felt a bit warm and restless all day, she didn't want to worry her friend.

"I'm fine. Waiting longer between pills makes me feel nervous, and that's upsetting my stomach, but I'll be okay."

"You sure you want to work?" Sheena asks her, placing a hand on her arm.

"Yeah," Brie sighed. "Working keeps me distracted. Otherwise I'd just be sitting around worrying over every little tingle and chill I get. Plus, I don't want to miss too much work and have Largo replace me. No reason not to go in yet."

"Okay, hun. If it gets to be too much, just let me know and I'll cover for you," Sheena said, giving her an encouraging smile.

They got to the club and settled into their usual routine. It was just as busy as the night before, with both VIP areas full. They had been at work for a little while and Brie was back at the bar, taking a quick break for some water, when Sheena came up to her.

"That hunk and his friend from last night just sat at table one."

Brie turned her head and looked through the crowd to the table Sheena mentioned, letting out a groan. Sheena had seen her talking to the Nargarian the night before and told her he had watched her off and on for the rest of the night, before he left.

"Ugh, he sat there to torture me," Brie said rolling her eyes.

"I can go take his order if you want," Sheena offered with a shrug.

"No," Brie blurted.

She felt oddly possessive over the Alpha and didn't want him interacting with another female. Even Sheena.

"I can't let him win," she mumbled as an excuse.

Brie finished her water and heaved out a sigh, heading to the table to take their order.

"Hey, Boys. What can I get for you?" she asked with a forced smile.

Brie was trying not to stare at the Alpha who kept showing up, even though her entire body was aware of his presence. He still wore nothing but a harness over his chest, and he looked more delicious each time she caught him staring at her with those violet eyes. Even with all the other males in the room, she swore she could smell his distinctive scent from where she was standing a couple feet away from him.

Turning her head, Brie looked over at his companion. He was the same redheaded male from the night before, and she could finally see his pale blue eyes. Besides that, they could almost be twins with their formidable size, and their matching skin tone and markings. His were a solid black though, while the other's seemed to ripple towards royal blue.

"I'm starting to think you're stalking me," the Alpha from the market rumbled, drawing her attention back to him.

The corners of his mouth tipped up though he seemed to be trying to keep a straight face.

"You should at least tell me what to call you before you beg me to let you touch me again."

He broke out in a full grin when Brie's eyes narrowed to glare at him.

"Actually, you seem to be the one doing the stalking, and therefore you should be the one begging me. For forgiveness," Brie replied as evenly as she could.

His arrogance irritated her, and his presence threw her off balance yet had her quivering.

He threw his head back with a roar of laughter and his friend chuckled as well.

"She's got spirit," his friend said. "I like her. I bet she can take you."

"What I can take, is an order," Brie said. "Otherwise, I have other customers to get to."

She looked back at the Alpha from the market as his pupils exploded, turning his eyes almost solid black.

"If you're going to take my order, then kneel at my feet, hands behind your back," he growled.

Brie gasped and stumbled back a step; her eyes wide. Her knees almost gave out without her permission, trying to follow the Alpha's order, and she felt slick leak from her core to dampen her panties.

Nipples tight, her body trembled with the fight not to obey him. Brie whimpered and dropped her eyes to the floor, unsure what to do.

His friend's laughter broke the stranglehold on her.

"Zander, you urt, be nice to the girl," his said. "She's obviously too innocent for you. Must be used to betas. "

His friend continued to chuckle and gave her an order for two Mulgar. Lifting her eyes to the Alpha he had called Zander, and he gave her a small nod before she scampered away to get the drinks.

Brie was still trembling and unsure what just happened when she made it to the bar. Her damp panties were an uncomfortable reminder of her embarrassing reaction.

She took deep breaths to try to calm down before Sheena noticed her. Telling her friend about the encounter wouldn't be a good idea, since Sheena would insist that Brie leave.

Finally getting herself under control, Brie looked up to stare straight into the yellow eyes of Largo.