Chapter Forty eight

______.______

Jerome

I woke up really late cos I watching a movie late into the night.

I remembered it was party day  so I stood up and took my bath. My mom and dad had already left for work so I was the only one at home.

I met already prepared food in the kitchen and I warmed it before eating.

When it was ten minutes to eleven o'clock I was set to go. I called my driver, Mr John to come pick me up.
He came ten minutes later and we hit the road.

Throughout the ride to school, I was on my phone checking everyone's post on IG and Facebook.

I saw Jummy's post on IG and she was looking super nice, I immediately took a screenshot of the pictures.

Later, we arrived at the school and my driver parked and I got down.

"Please, pick you me up by five." I told him before he drove away.

I got a notification on my phone and I checked it.

"Oyaa.....see fine boy." I heard Chioma's voice and I looked up.

I saw her and Jumoke standing not so far from me. They were looking really really nice.

Wow, uniform is a concealer.

I walked over to them and pulled Jummy into a hug. Chioma gave me a thumbs up.

"Jumoke." A woman I recognized as Jumoke's mother walked towards us.

I released Jumoke immediately.

*****

Jumoke

Jerome released me from his hug and I faced my mother who wore a frown and a pout.

"M..mummy."

"I was looking for you....I didn't know you were enjoying yourself." She looked from me to Jerome, then back to me, still with a pout.

"Emm....these are my friends....Chioma and Jerome."

Although, she already knew Chioma.

They greeted her and she replied warmly.

"I think I have seen you before." She said to Jerome.

"Yes...he came to our house one day." I spoke before Jerome could.

"Oh...yes. I'm going back inside....come back very soon, I don't want to start looking for you." She said and walked away but not before giving me a look that said 'Try anything stupid and I will break your head.'

Jerome exhaled. "Jeez....your mum is even nice....if it were other mothers...they would have killed us."

"I saw the woman coming o, I didn't know it was your mum." Chioma said and I laughed. "Let's go inside."

"Wait. I want to buy something. Jumoke, do you want anything?"

I showed him my Pepsi and gala and he mouthed an 'oh'

"Okay.....I'll join you guys later." He strolled off and Chioma and I went inside.

____________

The party had begun when we came in. The PTA chairman was taking the opening prayer.

After that, we took the national anthem and the school anthem.

The MCA started introducing the people on the high table. The principal gave a speech.

There were choreographies and dramas. After that, a man gave a motivational speech.

The SS3 graduants sang 'I am a winner' by Chidinma, Kesse, Eyo. It sounded so wonderful that I'm almost cried.

After that, they started giving awards to students and teachers. My brother won three awards: Most Disciplined student, Best  Mathematics student and Best student in Science/Technical Department.

Really? Tunde is disciplined? What a surprise! After eating my semo.

When they announced him as the best student, the DJ played 'stand up, stand up for the champion, stand up'

He stood up and climbed the podium for the third time to go collect his award.

I was proud of him.....even after he ate my semo....my personal semo!

My mother's clap was the loudest in the hall. She went with him to take pictures, she was looking happier than him. Her smile was even brighter than the camera's flash light.

The session of party that I was eagerly waiting for finally arrived.

Somebody say Item 7!!!!!!

The party ended at 4:04pm after the closing prayer.

Then from the loud speaker came 'If you no get money....hide your face'

A loud noise erupted from the students, mostly graduants. Every body stood up and started dancing.

Me being the civilized person I am, sat down and watched them dance.
Chioma dragged me up from my seat.
I didn't dance o....me? Dance? So Everybody will see my chicken moves....no way...... I just stood with a pout and my arms folded.

It was time for pictures. All the ss3 graduants took a picture together and the jss3 took theirs.

I took pictures with my mom and Tunde and my mom collected the Photographer's number so she could collect them when they're printed out.

Chioma and I were taking a selfie when we saw Jerome's face behind us.

We both gave him a look.

"What?" He asked innocently. "I want to take pictures too."

"Let his ugly face just show." Chioma said.

He took selfies with us and we took some on his phone too.

Later, Henry came to join us after Jerome had gone.

We danced and danced and danced till my mom said it was time to go home.

There was an after-party but Tunde said he wasn't going.

I said goodbye to my friends and collected their numbers before I joined my mom and brother in the car.

Wow!
This ss2 session was awesome!

I can't wait to be in Ss3.

__________________________________

Graduation day is always making sense.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.