Ch 11 Confusion and Jealousy

___________________________________________________________

CHAPTER 11

Bella's POV

I gripped my fork tightly as I stared at Luca and Sophie, unsure of what to say. The whole table was awkwardly silent, and I better chances of withering up and dying under Connor's glare, than getting out of this situation. 

"You guys kissed?" My mum asked, breaking the silence. I opened my mouth slightly, ready to come up with some crazy excuse.

"Mummy it was so romantic! Connor was about to ride off on his bike when Bellaby ran in front of him and kissed him!" Sophie cried out, clapping her hands in delight. Now, I love my siblings and all, but at this moment, I only had one though directed for Sophie. 

Die bitch, die.

All the parents turned to me, their eyebrows raised. I gulped and looked down at my plate, wishing I could just disappear. You know it wasn't just me, I thought to myself as everyone continued to watch me. I turned to look at Connor, giving him a nasty glare in response to his smirk.

"Help me." I hissed quietly. He sighed and turned back, everybody now watching him. Grateful for the distraction, I took a huge bite of lasagna.

"I guess we might as well tell you guys the truth. Bella and I are dating." Connor announced. Our moms gasped and looked at each other, grinning. Mr. Michaels gave Connor a nod of approval, just as I started nodding along in agreement.

Then the words sank in.

"Wait wha-!" I began choking on the on the mouthful of lasagna I had. Just as I coughed it up, gross I know, Connor and Liam both just so happened to choose that moment to come to my rescue. I straightened up, ready to say I was fine, when something, well, two things, slammed against my back....

Sending me face fist into my lasagna.

My hands gripped the side of the table tightly as I slowly pulled myself up, the warm cheese and tomato sauce stuck to various parts of my face.

"Bella, I'm so sorry." Liam said, his eyes wide. I nodded, smiling a little to show him I wasn't mad. I turned to look at Connor, expecting an apology. His eyes were wide as he stared at me. I raised my eyebrow, slightly annoyed.

Then he burst out laughing.

I growled and stood up, mumbling that I had to go wash off, walking angrily away while Connor continued to laugh. Honestly though, it took everything inside of me to not laugh my head off along with him. Sure, I just got my face thrown into lasagna, but it was funny- and a great distraction.

After I washed my face off, I leaned against the wall, thinking. Actually, I was conflicted. What was I going to do about Liam? I felt horrible that I had completely forgot about him- 

No I felt guilty. Want to know why? I never forgot about the date, I was just hoping he wouldn't show up.

Awful, I know.

But I was, shockingly, having a pretty good time with Connor, and I didn't want it to end so soon. On the other hand, I was mad at myself for being slightly nice to Connor. I felt like I was leading him on, making him think that I was going to open up to him. I know, I know. Only a couple hours before, I was ready to invite him into my house so that we could "bond." I was desperate; I didn't want him to leave. It was like I had this strange attraction to him...

The door suddenly opened, and in slipped Connor. He quickly shut the door behind him, turning to face me. I pushed myself off of the wall, coming awkwardly close to him.