Chapter 32

Ruqayyah's POV

I wake up on time with the help of my alarm and I have a shower before waking Aisha up to get ready as well. It wasn't long until both I and Aisha were ready.

"I have to go, I am almost late for the first lesson." Aisha looks at the clock on the wall.

"Isn't the first lesson in like forty minutes?"

"My Monday hours were swapped with the second group so I have to start this early now." She reminds me. She told me yesterday night, but it must have slipped my mind.

"Alright, see you after lessons in shaa Allah,"

"You will definitely see me after class in shaa Allah. I'm not going anywhere at all and I would like to kinda talk to you about something... Don't worry, I just want to make things clear. I know what everyone says about me and I just don't want you to think everything they say is true." She says, but I couldn't help being worried. I never thought she was a bad person. Not even when she told me that she was the one turning my alarm off.

"I'm not on anyone's side, Aisha."

"I know, but I still want to confess my 'deeds', let's put it this way. I really never had a roommate like you and now that I do, I don't want to let you go." She pulls me for a hug and I return it.

"But are you okay? Is something bothering you?"

"I'm just tired of being the bad one, you know. And if I still have someone that listens to me and won't judge me, I will use that in my favour to apologize and clear everything."

"Who am I to judge you? I'm not perfect myself. In fact, nobody is."

"If only everybody thought like you... But as I said, I better get going. See you after lessons insha'Allah. Assalamu Aleykum." She gives me a quick hug before walking to the door.

"Wa Aleykumu Salaam," I reply as I put my shoes on.

My phone beeps and I grab it to check out the text message I just received from a number that was not in my contacts,

"It's me, Youssef, waiting for you down here"

I get out and see a confused Youssef rubbing the back of his head,

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

"Uh... I don't know, you tell me. What's up with my sister."

"Why are you asking?" I was worried now.

"She said Assalamu Aleykum to me," He says, making me laugh, "And it wasn't just that, she even wished me a good day," He was acting as if it was something from another world.

I laugh harder

"I swear you're just too much. You should be happy,"

"I mean... I don't even know how I feel right now. I'm sure this was just a one day thing." He responds as we walked our way to Felicia.

"Are you sure?"

"Certain."

When we arrived at the Felicia coffee, we sat down at a random seat near the window. Surprisingly, the day was really hot today. Even though it's meant to be winter.

We ordered my tea and an espresso for him. I don't know what's on with these college boys and espressos, but whatever.

"Peek who's coming," Youssef looks at the door.

I turn to see Alex entering with Mail and Turker.

Oh, no. Time to get awkward again.

"Can I ask them to sit with us?" Youssef asks a little hesitant.