9. Who's This?

(757 words)

The last thing I had ever expected to happen was that a sexy billionaire would fall for me. I still couldn't believe it. I felt as if he was just messing with me and enjoying my reactions. "Someone like Ethan Woods doesn't have spare time to mess with people, Ana. He's a busy man." I remembered Ariana's words when I told her all about what had happened yesterday. I had spent the entire night just replaying those moments. Ethan had left through the window which he had come in from.

I walked to my class with Elsa and sat down in the third row. I didn't pay much attention to the lectures. Ethan Woods was all over my mind. Ariana's parents had hired a driver for her to pick her up from college in order to not disturb me everyday but they didn't know that I didn't mind it. That was the only way I could see Ethan.

After my relationship with Aaron ended, I had vowed to never fall in love again. But life is truly unpredictable. If Ethan was truly falling for me, then he didn't deserve me. He was so perfect whilst I was just a broken average girl. He didn't even know that I was in a relationship before. I wondered if it would have any effect on him. Would he be mad about it? Would he be cool with it? Would he be so mad that he'd never talk to me again or worse, not even ever show me his face again? God knows only.

You can see his face on google though.

The day passed with me just thinking about Ethan and by the time I got home, I felt drained. But my energy was suddenly restored when I saw my dad chatting with my mom in the living room. "Dad!" I exclaimed and ran towards him. He stood up and welcomed me into his warm, comforting arms. "Hey, Ana. How's my little girl?" He asked.

"I'm great now that I've seen you, dad. How are you? How was your trip?" I asked, releasing him from my hug and sitting down next to him on the couch. We started talking and catching up with things while mom went to prepare lunch.

———

"Ana, it's a bummer that you can't pick me up anymore." Ariana spoke through the phone. I sighed. "Yeah."

"But Ethan didn't show up today also. Did he sneak into your house again?" She said.

"No, he didn't. Speaking of which, how did he get my address?" I asked.

"Oh my. I didn't think about that." She said, gasping.

"I know right. Me neither." I said before looking at the time.

"I should study now, Ari. I'll talk to you later." I said to her, sitting up in my bed.

"Yeah, sure. I'll do my homework too now. Love ya." She said.

"Love you too, Ari." I said before hanging up. I got up from my bed and headed to my study table to study. I had been studying for two hours when a knock was heard on my door. "Come in." I spoke monotonously. The door opened to reveal my mom.

"Honey, your dad and I are going out for dinner. Come with us." She said.

"No, mom. I don't wanna go out. You guys go and have fun."

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yes, mom." I gave her a reassuring smile.

"Okay then. Take care of yourself, honey."

"I will, mom." Mom closed the door and I heard her go down the stairs before going to back to studying.

———

It was 8:00 pm and mom and dad had been gone for a whole two hours. I didn't mind being home alone though. I was done with studying and was lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling. Just then, my phone buzzed. It was a text from an unknown number.

Hello, Anastasia.

I typed in a reply, frowning, trying to remember if I knew whose number this was.

Who's this?

The reply came almost instantly.

Aw come on. You can't tell who I am, Anastasia? That's so disappointing.

I typed a reply furiously.

Tell me who the hell you are or I'll block you.

I had a short temper when it came to unknown numbers playing riddles with me. My phone buzzed with a reply.

Now now, don't get so angry, love. I'm Ethan Woods, CEO of AB Enterprises. I was in your room too yesterday. Ring a bell? ;)

My heart stopped beating in my chest. Ethan?!