Chapter 37

Songs for this chapter

Best Mistake - Ariana Grande ft. Big Sean

Too Late - 5 Seconds Of Summer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Luke!", Ariana shrieks as Ryan stumbles backwards.

"What's your problem you fucking prick?!", he yells and gets ready to hit back but Ariana steps between us.

"Don't touch him, Ryan", she warns and he furiously gestures in my direction while yelling, "Don't touch him?! He probably just broke my nose for no reason!"

"I did have a reason", I spit.

"He did have a reason", Ariana says at the same time.

We look at each other confused for a second, then we try to stop ourselves from laughing.

"You hurt me." Ariana's trying to stay serious but she can't hide the grin on her face. "Couldn't have been that bad if you're already laughing again!", Ryan screams.

"Don't scream at her like that", I say and he looks at me. "I let go of her as soon as she said it hurt, you had no reason to do that!", he says, now calm.

"That's no apology", I tell him and he furrows his eyebrows while trying to wipe away the blood.

"What are you doing here anyway?", he asks angrily. "Don't you trust your girlfriend?"

"I was just hanging out with my friends", I lie and point at the group of guys. "Sure", he rolls his eyes.

"Think about my words", he says to Ariana before he leaves.

"They're not your friends!", Ariana giggles as soon as he's gone. "Why do you think so?", I ask and she laughs. "They're not even attending our school!"

Oh, shit.

"Okay, I admit it, I was watching you guys", I mumble and she raises her eyebrows. "Why?"

"He's an idiot", I reply and she nods. "True."

"Which words?", I suddenly ask and she looks at me confused. "He said 'think about my words'", I explain and she sighs.

"I don't think you wanna know", she mumbles. What?

"Tell me!" "He just said a few mean things about you and said he's better than you.. he wants me to come back but I won't!", she assures me. Mean things?

"What did he say about me?" "Not telling you. I want to have a good night now", she says and drags me with her into the house. What could he possibly have said about me?

***

"Ariana! Oh my god, Ariana! Wait!"

Me and Ariana turn around, just to see Carly tripping over her own feet. "Are you really talking?", she asks excitedly.

"Would you stop acting like I'm a monkey with three eyes and five arms?", Ariana laughs as Carly stares at her.

"You are talking!", Carly starts clapping and jumps up and down like a little kid. "Thank god!", she smiles and pulls Ariana into a hug.

"Not for long anymore though if you keep hugging me that tight, I can't breathe", Ariana gasps and I laugh.

"Don't laugh Hemmings, you're next", Carly winks and I quickly take a few steps back, raising my hands in defeat. "Please not", I beg and grin.