Chapter 61

Songs for this chapter

M.O.N.E.Y. - The 1975

My Everything - Ariana Grande

(PS: Important question in my author's note at the end of the chapter, please read :))

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hi, Ash. I don't have a lot of time, Ariana could be here soon."

I sit down onto the wooden chair and sigh. "If she finds me here she's gonna kill me."

I've been visiting Ashton nearly daily for the past weeks, he seemed to be one of my only friends, which is stupid, he doesn't even know me after all.

I feel better now, I've got a few of my friends back. Probably because I stopped pushing them away, I shouldn't have done that from the start.

Still, Ashton seems to be one of my best friends, which is pretty sad.

"Today Jessie talked to me again, I think Calum told her to. I'm getting my friends back but the person I miss the most won't just come back..", I mumble and rest my head on my hands.

"But I feel like they're all not real friends, you know? They left me alone when I needed them the most.. Why did my life become such a mess?"

I can't imagine how annoying it must be, listening to me say the same thing over and over again, that's why I came here. I don't wanna bother Carly or the others anymore and Ashton can't hear me anyway but talking to him calms me down and really helps.

I sound so insane. Sometimes I worry about my mental health.

When I heard Ariana talk to Ashton for the first time it worried me a bit. But here I am, just months later, doing the same. Talking to no one about my problems but him.

"Has she said anything about me?", I ask before I roll my eyes at myself. I still ask him questions before I realize that he can't talk.

"I think she's over me already", I frown. "I'm sure she is. Why would she still love a fuck-up like me?"

I silence and turn around, looking at the young man in the other bed. The girl woke up last week, I'm surprised she isn't here today.

But I'm also relieved, I couldn't talk to Ashton whenever she was around. I wonder if she talks to her boyfriend when she's alone? I hope she does, it would make me feel less crazy.

"Also feeling lonely today, bud?", I ask. I think I'm about to lose my mind.

I wince as my alarm suddenly goes off. I sigh as I turn it off, knowing this means Ariana will be here in about half an hour. I know that she usually visits Ashton around four in the afternoon.

Some people might say I'm a stalker - I call it well informed.

I look at Ashton again, frowning as I think about Ariana probably crying her eyes out here daily. Just the thought of it makes me wanna wrap my arms around her and never let her go again. If only she wanted the same thing..

The door swings open and I nearly fall off my chair. She's here. She's here and she's gonna fucking murder me for being here as well.

I turn around but not Ariana looks at me - the guy's girlfriend does. She gives me a weak smile and a nod before she sits down next to her boyfriend.

She brushes her hand over his cheek, then she turns around to face me.

"Did his girlfriend come here already today?", she asks and points at Ashton.