Chapter 44

Songs for this chapter

Out of the woods - Taylor Swift

Never be - 5 Seconds Of Summer

(I couldn't get myself to listen to Christmas songs yet)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wake up, wake up, wake up!"

I moan and roll over to the side, just so Ariana can shout into my other ear.

"Luke, get up now, it's Christmas day!"

I open my eyes and see my beautiful girlfriend grinning at me. She's wearing snowman earrings and a Christmas hat.

"How did you get in here?", I yawn and she laughs.

"That's all you say? No 'Good Morning'? No 'I love you'? No 'Merry Christmas'?", she giggles and crawls on top of me to kiss me.

"Good morning, princess. I love you, merry Christmas, how did you get in here?", I reply and Ariana laughs. "Your parents let me in", she says and stands up again.

"Now come with me", she tells me and grabs my hand, trying to drag me out of bed. "Yeah, okay, I'm up", I groan and follow her out of the room.

I'm greeted downstairs by my parents smiling widely at me. "Merry Christmas, honey", mum says and I sigh. "Don't call me that", I mumble and Ariana giggles.

"Sorry, merry Christmas, Mr. Hemmings", mum rolls her eyes. "C'mon", Ariana says and pulls me with her into the living room.

I look at the huge Christmas tree and notice some presents I haven't seen there yesterday.

"I'll be right back", I quickly say as I realize Ariana must've brought them with her. I run upstairs and open my closet.

Which ones are for Christmas again? Two of them are for her birthday.

I grab her Christmas presents and walk downstairs again. "Are they for me?", Ariana asks grinning.

She's sitting on the couch, eating a cookie and looking like a excited 5 years old kid.

"Yes", I say and place them under the tree. "You two can give each other your presents, we'll join you later", dad says and I nod.

As soon as we're alone Ariana jumps up and grabs one of the presents I got her.

"I wanna start", she laughs and I sit down on the floor next to her. "Alright, go for it", I smile and she starts unwrapping it.

"Do you like it?", I ask as she looks at the jumper I bought her. "I love it!", she smiles and wraps her arms around my neck.

"I thought it looks like the things you usually wear..", I tell her and she laughs. "It does. I love it, thank you."

"No problem", I say and she hands me one of the presents. I open it and laugh.

"Seriously?", I ask as I grab the stuffed penguin in Santa cloths. "Seriously", she replies and I shake my head laughing.

"I saw it and just couldn't help but buy it for you", she smirks. If she only knew what I bought for her.

"Then you'd better open this one now", I tell her and hand her a box. She opens it and bursts into laughter.

"It's the freaking same!", she gasps and I laugh with her. "This is the best thing ever", she laughs and I agree.