Buried In Cans

Athena Walked Home From School Like Always She Crossed 42 Street And Went Into 43 And Clover. She Went In To Papi's Store She Went Up To The Counter Where Papi Was Watching Soccer. Papi Was A Puerto Rican 50 Year Old Store Manager. He Knew Athena Ever Since She Was " Born" He Looks At Her Every Day And Feels Bad Keeping Things From Her , Mercy Decided That She Was Going To Tell Athena Who Was Now Known As Nana Or Nena Who She Really Is When She Turns 18 Which Is In A Week. Athena Was Excited To Have Her Sweet 18 , She Decided That 15 Or 16 Years Wasn't Nearly Enough Planning Or Enough Money Saving. Papi Turned Of The T.v And Jumped When He Athena.

" Aye Dios Nena Casi Mi Das Un Attacke De Corazon" ( God Nena You Almost Gave Me A Heart Attack!"

" Sorry Papi Estabas Viendo Futbol Y Pues No Dije Nada " ( You Were Watching Soccer So I Didnt Say Anything)

The Store Door Open And A Tall Guy Walked In At Least 6' . He Had Short Shaggy Hair And Dark Brown Eyes. He Wore Ripped Jeans And A Tight Black Shirt . Not So Tight But Tight Enough To See The Outline Of His Abs . He Had A Piercing In His Ear A Small Stud, And A Small Tat On His Wrist But Athena Couldn't Make Out What It Was. He Went To Teh Back Knowing He Wanted Food Athena Froze , Because That Was Her Job.

" Dale , Te Espera Tu Novio " ( Go , Your Boyfriend Is Waitng)

Nena started To Walk And Went Behind Then The Guy Got A Good Look At Athena. She Was Wearing Tight Jeans That Were Ripped And A Shirt That Said " Sorry Boys Daddy Said I Cant Date Till Pigs Fly" It Was A Tank Top. Her Hair Light Brown That Stopped Before Her Back. Her Eyes Were An Amazing Gray That Were Wide And Breath Taking. She Wore Mascara And A Small Line Of Purple Eyeliner That Made Her Eyes Pop Even More. Athena Looked Up And Realized That His Eyes Were Not Brown But A Dark Purple. She Smiled And All The Air Was Knocked Out Him .

" Que Puedo Acer Por Ti ?" ( What Can I Do For You )

" Um"

" Sorry Papi Got Me Hooked Unto Spanish , What Can I Do For You ?"

 He Smiled .

" You Dont Sound Spanish , But Its Very Good . Well Um First That Shirt Is It True.?"

" No Haha But Can I Um Take Your Order.?"

" So Your Taken , And The Number 4"

She Scribbled On Her Notepad.

" Nope" Popping The P

" I Am A Loner"

She Turned Around To Go To The Fridge And Her Tat Was In Perfect View. Huge Wings That Covered Her Whole Back In Perfect Detail.

" A Beauty Like You No , Nice Tat"

She Turned Around And Put The Chicken In The Deep Fry , Along Next To It Fries.She Blushed

" Thank You But If I was You I Would Stop Flirting Or Your Girl Would Get Mad."

" Me Girlfriend No "

She Put Her Elbows On The Counter And Leaned In

" Why Not"

The Boy Mimiced Her Movement.

" Was Waiting For Someone Like You "

He Leaned In And Before Their Lips Could Meet Cans Fell Following A Groan . AThena Hopped The Counter And Slid Across The Floor Then Busted Into Laughter. The Boy Looked To See Papi On The Floor Covered With Cans.

" Mira , Thats What Happens" Laugh " When You Try To Be A Peeping Tom"

The Old Man Blushed. He Got Up And Left Leaving Both Teens Alone.

Athena Looked At The Boy And Blushed Then Went Behind The Counter And Packed The Chicken And Fries And Wrote 4 On Top.

" Thank You For Shopping At Papi's Will That Be All"

" No I Want A Number But Its Not Up There"

Athena Blushed ;.

" 553-8569" She Smiled . He Grabbed Her Hand Sending Sparks All Over Then He Kissed Her Hand , Feeling A Small Shock And Her Cheeks Heat Up. Then He Started Walking Away RUbbing His Lips Feelimg The Shock Too.

" By The Way" She Shouted " Im Athena But Call Me Nana"

He Smiled

" I Perfer Athena , And Im Vinicius But Call Me Vini "