Prologue: Immortals At The Magpie Bridge

"Your Highness, the Crown Prince, we need to go back to the Celestial Palace immediately. Heavenly Emperor has summoned Your Highness for important matters. Your Highness shouldn't stay at the mortal realm any longer."

Ling Yu, one of the great deities who protect life, cupped his hand and respectfully bent his body in front of the Crown Prince of Heavenly Kingdom, Wang Jian. He stood at his feet and maintained his salute position for a few moments, waiting for his master to give him a command or answered his report.

However, after a quite long time, he still heard nothing from his young master. He only greeted by a deafening silence and the faint sound of raindrops from outside the hall that somehow brought a melancholy feeling.

Wang Jian himself was absolutely disregarding Ling Yu and everyone who tried to reach him at this moment. He sat in the middle of the spacious Tian He Hall with an empty look. His ethereal visage has lost its color and a trace of tear streams filled his flawless cheeks. The chilly wind blew the strands of his long, jet-black hair that was in disarray while his ink-colored eyes that staring at the golden horizon held no emotion, as though his soul has long left his body.

In his warm embrace lied a delicate young woman whose body has turned cold. Her snow-white hanfu* stained with liters of blood as a gaping stab wound ripped her chest. A thick crimson liquid was still dripping from the corner of her thin lips, somehow make her pale goddess-like features looked even more lifeless.

[Hanfu = Ancient Chinese clothing.]

Looking at his grief-stricken young master, Ling Yu couldn't help but feel empathy for him. After all, Ling Yu was a high-ranked immortal with deep compassion for mortals. Seeing a bloody scene before his eyes, a trace of guilt also haunted his soft heart.

That time, if he heard the news a little bit sooner, maybe he could help the Crown Prince and lend his power to defeat that damned Demon King, Mowang. And, if he appeared at the crime scene in the right moment, maybe everything wouldn't be this complicated.

Ling Yu was a high deity who guarded at the mortal realms to protect life. Even though he was stationed in a faraway place outside the Celestial Palace, he usually never missed any important news from the heavenly realms above. However, without knowing the reason, the big news of Heavenly Crown Prince's trials was coincidentally slipped from his attention.

A few years ago, heavenly realms were turned into a chaotic state when Yanwang, ruler of the underworld, reported to the Jade Emperor that Mowang has slipped from his prison in the eighteenth layer of hell. With his escape, he brought along his legions and start to create a mess in the immortal world. He even boldly declared a rebel towards the Jade Emperor and the Heavenly Kingdom.

When the situation in the immortal's realm heated, Wang Jian, the Jade Emperor's only son who was also the God of Fire, just finished cultivating his Tao at Yùshān*. It was said that at birth, Prince Wang Jian emitted a wondrous light that enveloped all the realms, even made the Demon's realm shake in fear. This Heavenly Crown Prince also has superior genes; he was extremely intelligent, wise, and has perfect figures. After 100 eons* of cultivation, he attained the Golden Immortality and was immediately inaugurated as the Crown Prince of Heavenly Kingdom.

However, there was no grand celebration when he was granted the title. On the contrary, the Jade Emperor gave him a decree to vanquish the Demon King for his first task as a Crown Prince.

[Yùshān = Literally means Jade Mountain. Jade Mountain itself is a mythological mountain in Chinese mythology.]

[Eons = Each eon lasting for 129,600 years.]