1st Lifetime: Yearning For The Unattainable (2)

"Your Highness? Your Highness, can you hear this lowly servant?"

A voice that carried a trace of worry, happiness, and disbelief was ringing in Jian's ears as soon as his soul managed to enter the body of Li Zhen.

Lifting his eyelids gently, the current Li Zhen felt a grinding pain on his head. His whole body also felt extremely weak, even to lift a single finger Li Zhen would face a difficulty. The Prince also felt that his dry throat was sore and he was in a severe thirst, exactly like someone who left without a drop of water for days. This pathetic condition made him troubled, even just to let out a light voice, Li Zhen need an extra effort.

Inside his heart, the Heavenly Crown Prince was cursing Siming with the most deathly curse.

"Quick, quick! Call the Imperial Physician!"

When Li Zhen's eyelids finally widely opened, the first scene he was witnessed was a group of eunuchs that looked extremely worried. Their faces were tensed as cold sweats dampened their forehead. Few young eunuchs kneeled on the cold floor, while a senior eunuch stood anxiously beside his bed.

Lifting his gaze, Li Zhen was greeted by a magnificent wooden ceiling that was carved with a soaring dragon pattern and was gilded in gold and bright red paint. Even though this bedchamber didn't have too much furniture, the room was exceptionally clean and somehow looked elegant.

Near the bed, there are few cabinets made from Xiangzhi wood that was also carved with an exquisite pattern. Some bookshelves that filled with scrolls also could be found inside the room, made the new Li Zhen realized that the previous owner of that body was undoubtedly a bookworm.

Furthermore, Li Zhen realized that this room was enveloped with a strong scent from the incense stick in the corner of the room. The fragrant was different from the common incense normally used by the mortal. The incense smoke was carried a strong herbal scent, it was a special incense used as a medicine. By inhaling the fragrant, one would feel relaxed and was equal with taking a medicinal soup.

Taking a deep breath and filling his lungs with the cold air that mixed with the incense scent, Li Zhen realized that this body has a serious problem with his respiration system. No wonder the herbs on the incense sticks was in high dosage.

Wang Jian who resided in Li Zhen's body indeed frustrated when Siming made him live as a sickly Prince. However, deep in his heart, the Celestial Palace's Crown Prince was grateful. At least, he was still an Imperial Prince, not a mere commoner or even a beggar. The demotion of title from Crown Prince to just a Prince was not too extreme. And, he still has the power to find his beloved. He couldn't imagine how he would live if he was a beggar, let alone chased after his beloved.

"Your Highness, how does Your Highness feel right now? Do Your Highness still feel uncomfortable?" The eunuch bent his body and asked worriedly.

Gulping down his saliva, Li Zhen knitted his eyebrows and tried with great effort to speak. With a hoarse voice, he asked:

"Who... are you?"

All of the eunuchs in that room were immediately fell on their knees upon hearing Li Zhen's faint voice. His bedchamber was soon filled with eunuchs' wailing—they thought that their master was in a grave illness and lost his memories.

"Your Highness, Your Highness..."

They all were kneeling and knocking their head on the floor.

* * * * *

After a few days, Li Zhen could finally obtain all of the information regarding 'himself'. The moment Eunuch Zheng, the head eunuch in his manor, narrated his whole life journey, Li Zhen couldn't stop himself from cursing Siming.