1st Lifetime: Yearning For The Unattainable (1)

Inside the dimly-lit Jinhua Palace was the heavenly realm's Crown Prince, Wang Jian, who was currently sat on a soft cushion in an upright lotus position. His cherry-blossom eyes were tightly closed while his broad chest moved up and down regularly along with his steady breathing, looked just as tranquil as a soft spring breeze.

After a few months of recuperation and cultivation, his whole body which was previously filled with lightning strike wounds had fully recovered and his ethereal visage had finally regained its colors. He no longer looked weak and powerless like when he was forced to withstand a hundred thunder strikes. Right this moment, his body was beginning to emit a majestic and imposing aura which was only possessed by the royal blood of Heavenly Realm.

Now, Jian was beyond ready to face his punishments as well as ready to fight back the string of fate which threw up a barrier between him and his beloved. He was beyond ready to claim back what belongs to him.

Wang Jian was the almighty Heavenly Crown Prince, someone who would inherit the throne of Celestial Palace in the future. Since his childhood, he always got what he wanted. Once Jian falls in love with something and wanted to possess it, he would do anything to have it. Now, that he had fallen head over heels for someone, though to get to her he had to face many obstacles and trials, he still willingly took upon himself the challenge and risked his own life. He was determined to completely make her his and was beyond ready to face the trials and tribulations in the seven lifetimes.

"Your Highness," Yuan Shao, one of Jian's most trusted subordinate, cupped his hand in front of his young master and continued on, "High Deity Siming is already waiting for Your Highness in Tianlu Hall. He said it's time for Your Highness to go to the Underworld and begin the trial."

Upon hearing Yuan Shao's report, Wang Jian inhaled a deep breath to fill his lungs with fresh air and let out a heavy sigh, as though he just released a weighty burden that pushed and suffocated the breath in his chest. Gently opening his eyelids, Jian's long eyelashes fluttered beautifuly—slowly revealed his deep, ink-colored iris.

"En." Uttered a low assent, Jian raised from his lotus position, flicked his sleeves, then strode toward the Tianlu Hall.

At the spacious and magnificent Tianlu Hall, Siming was leisurely sipping his tea and had started a little conversation with Yuan Shu, Yuan Shao's twin older brother who was also Wang Jian's right hand.

From the time he arrived at Tianlu Hall, Siming had tried with all his might to extract information regarding his best friend's woman from this Yuan Shu. Yet, no single word about her managed to slip from his lips. Every time Siming asked, Yuan Shu would only tightly seal his lips and shake his head, which truly made Siming nearly die young from curiosity.

Even though Siming was the God of Fate, he was no longer wrote any mortal's destiny for their journey in seven lifetimes. As a high deity, his responsibility was to prepare the trials and tribulations of immortals or gods. The one who was in charge to write the human's fate was his subordinates. And, by coincidence, Yue Shen's fate was created by his assistant who was very secretive!

Feeling curious to death, Siming decided to ask someone in Jinhua Palace who was relatively close to Wang Jian. However, arrived at the Jinhua Palace, no one wanted to share the news with him. Everyone has tightly sealed their lips and played deaf. Humph!

Admitting defeat, Siming could only shake his head and let out a heavy sigh. What a loyal subordinate, ah!

"Siming, you and your curiosity are indeed inseparable, ah!"

A deep, eargasm baritone voice rang out from the direction of Tianlu Hall's entrance—made Siming nearly choke on his tea. Patting his chest and coughing hard, Siming lifted his gaze toward the voice's source and was immediately greeted by Jian's towering stature.