Chapter 9: Decisions

Author's Note: Gosh, I'm so sorry for making you guys wait for so long!! I'm going to try my best to get better at uploading. I apologize if this one's a bit short, but I think it flows well into what I have planned for the next chapter. Keep reading, voting, and commenting! :D

Chapter 9:

Decisions

I did it. This was my decision. I was doing what was best for the both of us. I had to be. Layla would be well taken care of by Lacey. She wouldn't have to be neglected by me. The boys wouldn't have to sacrifice either. Things would be nice. I could still be in her life, still visit her and be a father. That's what being a father meant right? Taking care of your kids, making the best decisions for them. I was doing the right thing... At least, that's what I continued to tell myself as I made my way out of the conference room. It was settled. They were going to get in contact with Lacey as soon as possible and Layla would be returning back home. I pushed my hands deep into my pockets, my whole entire body feeling so...numb. I didn't know what to feel. Hell, I couldn't feel right now. My mind was still reeling, convincing myself that this was the best option. I wasn't ready to be a father. Not now, not at eighteen years old with my career. It made sense. I couldn't keep her around just to be a bad father. I couldn't...

"What happened? How'd it go?" The sound of Liam's voice snapped me out of my thoughts and I looked up, seeing the whole gang hanging out in the main lobby. Louis was sitting in one of the couches, his legs propped up on the coffee table, Zayn was standing behind the couch, leaning up against it, Niall was tossing his soccer ball up into the air not too far away and Liam was just standing up, looking eager and nervous at the same time.

I blinked, surprised that they had come out here together, just to see how everything went. "I mean, you're alive so that's definitely a good  sign. They didn't kill you like you thought." Niall added with a light grin, looking over at me.

"But seriously, what happened? You don't look too happy." Liam said, frowning a bit as he crossed his arms over his chest.

I looked at them all, taking a moment to tale a breath and push my hand through  my hair. "Well they weren't all too pleased... as expected. Simon doesn't want the news getting out. It's damaging to our image, will change the fan base and everything..." My voice trailed off as I looked down at the ground, shrugging slightly. "He offered a different solution and I decided that was the best option for her and the band as a whole."

"And what would that be...?" Louis asked, his frown deepening as well.

"That she return to America with Lacey, I pay child support, not a word of this gets out and we move on like nothing ever happened." I said simply, my eyes scanning over each of them to see their reactions. Needless to say, they were all surprised. Liam's eyes widened, Louis' mouth dropped, Niall lost control of his ball, and Zayn frowned.

"And you're okay with this? Okay with pretending your daughter doesnt exist?" Liam asked, his voice firm.

I looked at him, frowning slightly myself. "I can still see her, it isn't like that."

"But it is Harry. I know you want our best interest, but when it comes down to it she's your daughter." He shook his head, looking almost...disappointed in me. And that hurt. More than I thought it would, making this weird...sinking feeling in my chest.

"Maybe it is the best option though." Zayn added, looking up from his seat. "I mean really, you can't imagine a kid on tour with us. She deserves to be with her mum right?" I looked over towards him, frowning slightly. Liam look out right appalled. "I mean it. I mean seriously, it doesn't just affect him. You know we support everything you do Harry, but maybe it just isn't best that she's with us. I think her going back to her mum is the best option right now."