Part 17: If It Weren't For Him

(Part 17:  If It Weren't For Him)

(Avalon's P.O.V)

"No Patrick. Mayonnaise is not an instrument" Stephen quotes while shimmying side ways.

"Is he high? " I watch him in confusion, while holding my tray.

"Nah, just sleep deprived, happens to the best of us" Xavier shrugs while sitting down at the table, I follow close behind.

God he's weird.

"Guys." Tracey says nervously to everyone once we're all seated at the table.

We all look at her and I raise an eye brow, acknowledging her slightly.

"I think it's time to tell you who I'm dating. " She bites her lip nervously.

I gasp in excitement, Tracey has been keeping this a secret for far too long, and honestly it's been killing me.

I can tell that that statement caught everyone else's attention as well, because soon everyone is tuned into every word Tracey's about to utter.

She shakily rubs her hands together whilst Zahbia looks at her in amusement.

"It's..... " Tracey seems to be at a lose for words.

"Me." Zahbia finishes, not caring for the suspense.

The tables quiet for a moment as the shock takes over.

"Cool" Xavier shrugs while eating his pasta, the only one who's carefree about her secret.

"That's so cute! " I clap my hands and their faces flush red.

Stephen and Lillith congratulate them on their relationship and soon everything's back to normal, no more shocking news.

~ ~ ~ ~

"So I'll pick you up around..... Say 7? " Xavier hums while dropping me off at my house.

"Sure thing" I mock salute him and watch as he drives off on his beautiful black bike.

I turn towards my house and let a smile spread across my face slowly.

"Home sweet home" I mutter while hauling my bags up the patio and into the house.

I can only assume my mother is home otherwise the front door would be locked.

With a huge sigh, I let the bags fall from my arms and into a pile on the floor.

"Mom! I'm home! " I call out while taking off my shoes.

I here a squeal and my mom's tackling me in a hug, knocking my breath out.

She's in a good mood.

"My baby, I missed you! " She cooes and hugs me tighter.

"We still saw each other like usual" I laugh while hugging her back.

I look around the place once our little reunion is over and I feel much better seeing how clean it is.

No evidence showing a break in.

I drag myself up to my room and bite my lip in stress as there's still a stain from the paint on my wall.

Well, everything else is virtually clean.....

My mom walks into my room as I'm digging through my closet for an outfit.

"Hey hunny, I just missed you so much, I came to see how you were doing" She smiles at me and puts a plate on my table.

"And I made cookies" She laughs.

I smile in thanks and turn back towards my closet "well, I'm trying to find an outfit to wear" I decide to shorten it down to that.