28: Special Day

In the past four months leading up to Mindy's wedding, Zayn had come to spend so much of his time with Harry and he had been given so many things to think about. After everything that happened in his past relationship, he always knew that he wanted to be absolutely sure he was who he wanted to be before he completely moved on. So that he would never experience the anticipation of another unplanned child or think about rushing into a marriage he knew he wasn't ready for. That was his last attempt at being responsible.

But in the recent weeks, when he was busy traveling back and forth to the winery on the weekends so Harry could practice with Lamar, there were certain new thoughts that had entered his mind. He would sit back and watch Lamar and see how he dealt with Harry. Harry was right. He was very sweet and generous to him. And he didn't ever rush Harry around or treat him differently because he was blind. He was patient with him.

But even though his boyfriend was being treated the way he wanted him to, Zayn didn't really like it. It gave him an uneasy feeling. Like a styrofoam-rubbing-together sort of uneasy feeling. It borderlined on annoyance. Yes, he trusted both Lamar and Harry alone, of course. But there was just something about them linking elbows in that venue that made a wave of jealousy hit him and wake him up in a way. Made him realize that time was much too valuable to spend it wanting to be the perfect version of himself before he made any major leaps. The time to make the leap might just be right now.

"Oh, isn't that wonderful?" A woman whispered to Zayn just as Harry was making up the last of the couples before Mindy was due to walk down the aisle.

He glanced at her. "What?"

"That blind boy. Mindy always said that if she ever got married, she wanted him to be in the wedding. And he is. This wedding is beautiful. Very beautiful."

He nodded as he raised his eyes from their linked elbows and up to Harry's face. "He is."

The lady raised her brow but Zayn didn't see because he was too busy watching Lamar as he was helping Harry stand directly in front of his designated seat. He'd put his hand on Harry's back and that only made Zayn sigh. And to think that he was going to have to endure watching Harry walk with him a couple more times.

Mindy was absolutely stunning when she came out in the dress Harry had described to Zayn. And the ceremony that proceeded was lovely. Zayn thought it would be Mindy who cried, but it was actually Liam who bawled as he said his vows to her. But at least the camera captured a beautiful moment when Mindy wiped the tears from his eyes.

When the ceremony ended, Zayn stood back and watched Harry take photos with the bride and groom and the rest of the wedding party. Just as they were finishing up, Harry called out to him.

"Zayn. Are you there?"

"Yeah, baby. I'm here."

"Mindy wants you to come take a picture with us. Can you come here?"

Honestly, he didn't really want to be in any photos. But for those three, he'd do it. "I'm coming."

He walked over to them and the photographer situated him on one side of the happy couple while Harry was on the other side. He smiled and a light flashed twice.

"All done. Thanks." The photographer said.

"Thank you. You can go on and go to the room for the reception and get some pictures of the guests and the venue setup." Liam ordered. "We and the rest of the wedding party will be there soon."

"Okay."

When he left, Mindy reached out and hugged Zayn. "You are mighty quiet today, aren't you?"