Chapter 4

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS VERY SENSITIVE MATERIAL, INCLUDING SEXUAL ASSAULT AND ATTEMPTED SUICIDE. READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

•──────••✦❬✿❭✦••──────•

Min Yoongi was in the middle of a mental breakdown.

That afternoon it was particularly bad with gut-wrenching sobs emitting from his lips and the shakiness of his body as his world felt it was spinning out of control. He had run off from his interview and to the outside, running all the way home until his lungs burned and his legs felt like jell-o, to his home where no one would witness his hysterics.

In the events leading up to his mental breakdown, Yoongi had been at home, a nervous and tired wreck. That day he had a very important appointment with some music producers at a big shot company. He had stayed up the entire night perfecting his demo CD and preparing for the interview. He had hardly slept a wink and he was extremely nervous. It showed by the dark rings under the pale skin of his eyes and the jitters of the afternoon coffee. By then, Yoongi's hand was mostly healed and he decided he would go the day without wearing a homemade splint or gauze. He couldn't yet say things were starting to look up until he went through with the interview for the job he needed so badly.

He really needed this break and hoped the company would accept him for hire. The pay to start would be low but it would be better than nothing, and he was in a tight spot not to refuse.

The male spent his waning cash on the ride to the company and on a coffee. After the bus ride back home, he would be officially broke for a while, but if he got hired at the company, things would start to look up. He got off the bus and walked to the building he was meant to go to and checked in at the front desk. It was a big company, so everything was looming and fancy and must've been expensive. It intimidated him some. He felt underdressed showing up in tight black jeans that hugged his legs and bottom, and plain lavender button up. His blonde hair wasn't nearly as messy as he usually had it since he had combed it and styled it to look somewhat professional.

Yoongi shuffled his way onto the elevator which was packed with people. With his small build, he was able to squeeze his way to the back of the lift. He nervously twisted his hands together and bit his lip, so lost in his own thoughts. It wasn't a while later that, as he was waiting to arrive on his floor, he could've sworn he felt someone touch his ass. He startled, squeaking. He had turned to look at the culprit, who he had thought was an older man beside him. Before he could do or say anything, the elevator dinged and almost all of the people shuffled off, including the man. Yoongi's mind raced and he thought to himself that perhaps it was an accident. His nervous mind and jitters must have been playing tricks on him; it had to have been an accident. He brushed it off and got off the elevator.

It's just the nerves, it's just the nerves.

He shook his head, taking a deep breath.

What he didn't know was the man that Yoongi had glanced at had been smirking on his way out of the lift.

Yoongi pushed through the nerves and walked out of the elevator to his floor where he would be meeting with his potential employers. He sat in the waiting room, nervously twisting his fingers and shaking his leg until it was his turn. As soon as he entered the interview room, he could immediately sense the importance of the men and their intimidating, yet powerful auras. They sat behind a long table and wore expensive-looking suits. He greeted the men respectfully with a bow, and then looked to all of them individually. To his shock, one them had been the man he had seen earlier on the elevator.

He didn't know how to feel, but when he saw the smug smirk on the older man, he suddenly felt sick and full of dread.

So it wasn't an accident...