Chapter One

Chapter One:
HARRY'S POINT OF VIEW
Sometimes I still wonder why things happened the way they did. Fate, some say, is what is to blame. Fate is apparently what caused me to be staring into those familiar blue eyes that I had looked into those many years earlier. I had been at 'The Scripts' concert when we had made eye contact, not the awkward kind but the outstanding kind. You have to understand, you see, even though I had never even liked blue eyes, that eye colour, his eye colour, now seemed to be my favourite colour. Over the years leading up to my x factor audition I would sometimes find myself thinking about him. Not weirdly, just questions like why he smiled like he knew me inside out, who he happened to be and what his perfect name could be? Has that ever happened to you? One moment of eye contact that plays on your mind either constantly or not enough to match your questioning conscience? I couldn't clearly remember what he looked like, only that he had seemed so full of laughter and joy which left me craving to be the reason to his apparent happiness. So when I turned to face him at the X factor auditions, in a bathroom that smelt like too much cleaning solution and too much sweat (probably due to contestants nerves), I was completely and utterly sure that it was the same person; and I think he knew it too. I muttered an "oops", either because I had been staring all this time or that I may have accidently splashed a little urine on him as he stood next to me. But the boy seemed to either forgive me without uttering an "It's okay" or chose to ignore it; for he all he whispered back was "Hi" with a sparkle in his eyes and humour in his voice. They may be short, simple words but it's how love starts.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
After that, nothing was the same again. Not exactly because of the mysterious boy but because I had arrived at bootcamp-the next stage of the X factor. I was desperate to find him but also equally as desprete to make it successfully through to judges houses. By the time I was next to perform I was practically at shitting-my-pants-in-nervousness kinda stage so was suprised that someone even approached a shaking wreck like me. It must be some sort of sign for that someone to be him.
"Mate, can I have an autograph?" He had looked nervous but his voice sounded confident yet slightly rehearsed. I was bewildered. Out of all the things I had expected him to say this was not one of them.
"Er, what?" I replied in husky voice. Not the sexy-husky but the nearly-to-deep-to-understand husky. I cleared my throat. Ready to repeat before-
"Well you're going to make it through so I've decided I would like to be the first to have an autograph of someone who will make it to the final" he rushed out. That was obviously not rehearsed and I decided not to mention that accutely if I were to make it to the final, my pre-school teacher would have been the first to have my autograph, when she was teaching me how to spell my name, but I understood what he was trying to say. I did what he wanted- praying that he wasn't going to judge me on my handwriting nor on my hand which was currently shaking uncontrolably.
"Thanks" he whispered alike how he had said the "hi"-humour in his voice and his words drawing me in. As I looked up at the boy who was slightly taller then me, I suddenly realised how close we were. As soon as I was about to shift away, his hand gripped my shoulder, keeping me in place. He leaned down, by a fraction of an inch, but I was positive he was about to kiss me. As always, my luck was never good enough. We were interupted by someone who seemed to work on the X factor demanding for us to pose for a photo. So the hand on my shoulder shifted to find itself on my waist and together we smiled at the camera, the first of many shots to be taken of us together in our lifetime. The photographer walked away to spring on someone else possibly facing a near death experience as their first ever crush tried to kiss them.
Interupting me from my thoughts, the guy next to me said "Thank God he asked for a photo of us or I was going to have to ask you for an autograph and a photo of someone I met in the toilets".
I didn't know how to reply and luckily I didn't need to as the backstage speaker burst into life, speaking in its automated tone "Harry Styles to the stage please".
I hurried past the boy to the stage curtain, not before hearing "Oh and Harry, I'm Louis, it's nice to meet you".
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
From then on, it just kind of happened. I would find myself sharing eye contact with Louis at random points over the course of bootcamp. He would make sure I was looking before pointing at someones dodgy hairstyle or a boy's jumper put on the wrong way round. He was always trying to please me, make me laugh or smile, and it was a comfort knowing that at least I had a friend here. He suspected that I was bisexual but still chose to interact with me. We both knew full well that we had a crush on each other yet we chose to never bring it up. Looking back, I wish I had spent more time with him during the days of bootcamp. I wish I had been brave enought to rehearse with him, and sit next to him at breaks and ask for his number. I long to have spent time with him where we just flirted and acted how we wanted as we were nobodies and nobodies could be theirselves. But I wasn't brave. And I'm still not. So we kept it to glances, hand gestures and sometimes a word or too. We kept it as nothing special. We kept it as something that didn't matter.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
When I was waiting for my name to be called on the last day of bootcamp I thought it was the worst feeling I would feel during the X factor. I was wrong. Next I though the worst feeling was not having your name called. Or walking away from you dreams. Or seeing Louis in the lobby and knowing that he had lied to you. Because you hadn't got to judges houses which meant I couldn't get to the final. I knew that he couldn't control if I got through or not and that it wasn't his fault and I knew that he had only said that I would get to the final to make me feel better before performing. But I still felt betrayed. I was full of hurt from the rejectment of the judges so I rejected Louis and chose not to meet his eyes yet endure the sensation of them yearning and begging for me to meet them so he could explain. I couldn't meet his eyes yet I couldn't look away from where he was standing. So I saw when a girl with blonde hair and a face of sympathy latched herself onto his lips. A girl who called herself his girlfriend. In that moment I hated him for everything he had done to me in our short knowing of each other. In that moment I realised the worst feeling was hating myself even more because I think I'd always known that Louis Tomlinson would break my heart.