2. The First Day

°2. The First Day°

I watched as dad pulled away from the school. I was extremely nervous for this. I didn't know what it was like to be the new kid. We're people going to make fun of me? In cheesy teen movies, they always flocked to the new kid, but standing here in the open, kids were just staring at me. I scanned the crowd until I saw Ashley, hoping she'd lead me where I needed to go. I looked over and saw her moving towards a tree near the door.

"Hey, Ashley!" I shouted, running up to her.

"Oh, hey!" She smiled, "I didn't think I'd meet up with you until lunch?" She said. "I'm on my way to meet up with the guys. Care to tag along?"

"Yeah." I said. She smiled and lead me over to a tree in the courtyard. There were three boys in a circle standing near the door.

"Hey guys." Ashely said, moving closer towards the group, "We have a newbie. I said she could eat lunch with us." This is when all the boys turned to face me. I gave a small wave.

"Hey, I'm (Y/N). I just moved here from New York."

They all said a hello and welcomed me into the circle. "Okay so this is Todd."

Todd was the nerdy boy with orange hair and glasses. "Hello! It's nice to meet you!" He said in a slightly lisped voice, probably because of his braces. He was the 100% nerd package, honestly.

"Next we have ol' Lar Bear here." Ashely said putting her arm over the shoulders of a tall lanky boy with a Sanity Falls shirt on. He has long hair and a little bit of scruff on his chin.

"Hey there pretty lady." He said with a wink and a nudge, which Ashely jabbed him in return. "Hey? What was that for?" He whined.

"Be nice!" Ashley said.

"I honestly think that was being nice. She is a pretty lady."

I could feel my face burning slightly, "Well, thanks Larry, and I like your shirt too."

"You like Sanity Falls?" He asked, almost shocked.

"Yeah! My dad took me to their concert last month. It was wicked." I pulled my hoodie up to show him my shirt. "They had some sick merch there."

"I like her, Ash! You did a good job!"

"Well she's my neighbor, it's not like I went out hunting for a girl for you, Lar." She laughed. "Anyway, last but not least is Sal. Sometimes we call him Sally Face." I looked over at the boy directly beside me. His blue haired pigtails stuck out more than his prosthetic did. He kept his head down as he said hello.

"I like your hair." I smiled. He raised his head and I noticed a corner of his mask was an off-white or pinkish color, compared to the all white. When he looked at me I noticed his bright blue eyes. They we're nothing I'd ever seen before.

"Oh, I -, thank you." He said. I could see his mask move slightly, which I believe meant he was smiling, as his cheeks pushed against it.

"You're welcome." I said, smiling again before looking back at the group. "So do any of you guys have science next? Room 202?"

There was a couple no's before Sal, or Sally Face, spoke up.

"Yeah, I do. I can walk you if you'd like?"

"I'd really appreciate that." I said, folding my schedule back and putting it in the front pocket of my bag. The bell rang and kids started to disperse, making their way to their first period class. Everyone say goodbye and I stood there with Sal for a moment.

"Do you prefer Sal, or Sally Face?" I asked as we started to walk.

"It doesn't matter to me. Which ever you'd like to call me is fine." He said as he opened the door. He let me go in first and I thanked him.