23. Graduation

23. Graduation
[The story does take place in current years but it's set more back in 2016]

"Sally, are you breaking up with me?" I asked.

"What? No!" He exclaimed. "No, no, no! I just didn't know if you wanted to break up. You're gonna be far away, you're gonna find boys better looking than me, you're gonna make a lot of friends and forget about me." He said, looking down.

"Sweetie." I said, standing up from my chair and kneeling in front of him. "That's not gonna happen. I'm gonna come home on weekends. I'll come home when I don't have class. If you want, we can sneak you into my dorm room some nights." I watched as he smiled softly. I rubbed his arm and sighed. "I don't know why you would think any of that would happen."

He shrugged, "I dunno."

I leaned up and gave him a kiss on his cheek."We will make it work, I promise. I'll be yours as long as you want me."

Next I knew I was tackled to the floor in a hug. I coughed and laughed, "I love you too."

"You're the fucking best thing to ever happen to me."

°

"Here you go!" I said, slapping 6 invitations down on the lunch room table.

"What's this?" Larry asked, picking one up.

"My graduation party invitations!" I laughed sitting down between Sal and Ashely. "it's June 15th at our house." I smiled as Sal grabbed my hand with his. Everyone opened their invite.

"Sweet! A photo for my wallet!" Larry said, pulling the small 2"x 3" senior photo I included with each invite.

"You don't even keep a photo of me in your wallet." Veronica grumbled under her breath.

"If you gave me one to fit, I would." He replied, pulling his wallet out and slipping my photo in the back.

"You look beautiful, baby!" Sal said, holding one up. It was my favorite, me holding a 1 and a 6 balloon for our graduating year. I had on a black shirt and my varsity jacket, that I barely wear since I wasn't into sports, but I got academic letters to put on it.

"That one's my favorite, I figured you would like it." I smiled.

"Well, I sure do." He said, sticking it in the front mesh of his binder. He zipped the pocket up and stuck the invite in his backpack. Today we had early release as our grades were turned in for the end of the year, seniors didn't have much left to do.

The bell rang and we all headed home. It was only shortly after noon. I was heading back to Sal's apartment to hang out.

We walked and chatted all the way towards the apartments. Sal and I had a long talk about ways we can keep our relationship going while I'm away at school.

"Can we have Skype sex?"

"Sally I'm gonna punch you."

He grumbled, "But I'm gonna miss you." He said, giving me a wink.

I rolled my eyes and laughed at him. "I liked cute shy Sal. You're giving me cocky Sal." I smiled.

"You love cocky Sal." He smirked.

"I'm gonna punt you, shut the fuck up!" I laughed, shoving his arm as we walked in the front door of the apartments. Larry and Veronica following behind, farther away though. They were arguing about something, as they did a lot recently.

We got in the elevator and waited for the fighting couple to join us. We pressed the basement button and waited. Sal leaned closer and placed his lips against my ear to whisper in it.