Chapter 1

"Wake up MJ come on." A bright light finally wakes me from my slumber and I slowly open my eyes to see my dad with a smirk on his face. "Since you haven't been hearing back from any place I was able to get you a spot with me at the museum." He smiles. I sit up rubbing my eyes. "yeah dad, that's exactly what I want to do with my life work at the museum with you." I sarcastically say and let out a yawn. He frowns a bit and throws a towel at me. "Well MaryJane too bad, you are 23 years old, time to start acting like it." I scoff. "And what about Nicky?" I reply. "I will worry about him." He says before slamming the door shut. I sigh. I don't want to work at this museum, I wanted to work in music but no matter where I tried to get in, it seemed to only backfire on me. Maybe I'm not meant for it, after all the amount of people who go after the same career goal as me is astonishing. My dad always taught me to never give up but seems like that's my only choice not.

----------

I get out of the shower feeling refreshed. I look in the mirror. The bags under my eyes, I am even getting wrinkles from the stress. My thoughts are interrupted by a loud knock. "What are you doing in their Jane c'mon." Nicky yells knocking even louder. I sigh dramatically so he can hear me and slightly open the door. "You can wait and suck it" I say and slam the door. I sit down on the toilet and stare at nothing. The feeling starts coming back, just hopelessness, I don't know where my life is going, I don't know what to do you, I always had someone telling me how I am going to live my life and that was my mother. I was a splitting version of her, not looks but personality. She trained me to be exactly like her but once I moved in with my dad, I had a choice. But now, when I can't succeed at my dream, what else do I have for me? I wipe my eyes from the stressful tears sliding down my cheeks and get up, walking back to the sink. I finish washing up for the morning and exit the bathroom back to my room.

I finish getting dressed and walked downstairs, seeing my dad walking back and fourth in the kitchen, making breakfast. I sit down at the bar in the kitchen and he gives me a glance. "Is this gonna be a night position too?" I ask. "Yeah, and Jane, I need to tell you something about the museum." Worry fills his eyes. I look at him confusingly, what can be so wrong about a history museum. He puts down the pan and takes a deep breath, closing his eyes and opening them to look back at me. "The museum is different at night, the exhibits, they, and don't think I'm crazy, the come to life." He slowly says not breaking eye contact. What? He has to be kidding me. "Dad have you been drinking?" I ask looking at him with a questionable look. "No MJ, I haven't, I know it sounds crazy but you won't believe it until you see it." He replies putting eggs on my plate in front of me. Nicky comes downstairs shortly after sitting in front of his plate. "What about you Nicky, have you found a college yet." He looks from his plate to Dad. "Well I was thinking about ya know spreading to other areas." He says with a smile. "Thats good, spread your wings a little." My dad says. "What list do you have in mind." He continues. "Well it's a short list." "A short list good that means your determined on one." My dad smiles. "Well your gonna like it cause, there's nothing on it." Nicky says with a dumb ass smile.

I smirk to myself knowing the conversation me and my Dad had this morning. I take a sip of my coffee watching the tea unfold. "Nothing on it as your not going to college." My dad asks. "I just don't think college is for me man.." Nicky says. I put my mug down and clear my throat. "I'm gonna head to my piano lesson." I say leaving on the conversation. I grab my keys and bag sitting by the door and head out.

---Time Skip---

I'm back at home sitting in my bed reading the 7th volume of my piano book. I am working on bohemian rhapsody actually, and I almost got it down. I light knock comes to my door. "Yeah?" I say. My dad peeks his head in. "Hey get ready, it's almost time to go." I nod my head and he closes the door. I fix up my hair and do a bit of makeup. I dress in a sweatshirt and jeans, something boring and simple and walk out. My dad is waiting for me in the car. He buckles in and smiles at me. "Ready?" He asks. I give him a slight nod and he drive off.

We finally make it and he leads me to the museum. He smiles at the director and takes me to the staff area. He opens a locker full of clothes and hands me a uniform. "This is what you need to wear every shift and here is a flashlight." He says also handing me a light. I sigh and go to change. I look at myself in the mirror. Why do I gotta be dressed like a dude? I put my flashlight in it's holster and walk to my dad who is sitting at the circle desk in the middle of the museum. He smiles at me. "See not so bad" He says. "Why the tie?" I ask sitting next to him. "Makes you look professional. It's ok MJ you still look beautiful." He says sweetly. He looks down at his watch. "It's only 10:30, we have time." He says. "Time for what?" I ask watching him get up. "You'll see later." He grabs my hand pulling me up to walking me towards the Egyptian section. "Dad where are we going?" He says tugging me off. "Do you ever trust me Jane?" He asks. he stops in front of a tomb. Above it on the wall is a pure gold tablet with nine cubes on it. "This is the tablet of Ahkmenrah." He says. "I know Dad. I've been here before." I say. "It's magical, at night it gives the exhibits the ability to live like you and me, but only for the night." he continues. He sounds absolutely crazy. I turn him to look at me and study his face. Is he maybe feverish and it's giving him hallucinations? "Dad are you feeling alright?" I ask feeling his forehead. He feels normal, he seems normal. He actually believes this nonsense?! "Damn it MJ, if you won't believe me you'll see." He says walking off, leaving me in the room. I watch him walk off and rub my face. What the fuck was that all about.

I sit down in the Egyptian area just staring off with my thoughts. I take out my phone and just put on Space Song. I close my eyes and let myself just relax to the music. I didn't realize how long I spent there until a rumble shook me out of my thought. I sit up and turn off my music look at my surroundings. My eyes dart to the tablet which starts glowing a golden bright color, almost blinding. I stand up and back slowly away from the exhibit. My dad comes running behind me. "It's ok." He whispers and walks to the tomb. The tomb starts to bang extremely loud with a low scream, muffled, coming from inside. My dad looks back at me and smirks. I give him a scared and confused look. What is happening right now. I've got to be dreaming. He opens the tomb and a man swiftly sits up like a vampire would with bandaged wrapped from his head to toes. He steps out of the tomb and takes off all the bandages and puts on a crown. I look in fear and shock and confusion and what? My mind is jumbled with thoughts I can't slow them. He looks at me and smiles. "I'm Ahkmenrah Fourth king of the fourth kings, ruler of the land of my father's" Me says coming to me, taking my hand and kissing it. I stand still heavily breathing taking my hand back quickly after and look at my dad. He smirks at me and says.

"I told you so."

_________

I would like to apologize for how badly this book was written. I wrote it years ago and I am fixing it. I promise it's going to be way better than it used to be.

-Author