Chapter 2

I try to keep myself from screaming. I want to stay composed. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I open and see Ahkmenrah and my dad smiling at me. "So is everythin-" I stop speaking when the ground starts shaking. I turn my head to see a giant, bone T-Rex running towards me. I start screaming and running away. "Rexie!" I hear my dad shout and run after us. I run around and end up in the African animals exhibit. I am surrounded by not only the T-Rex but lions, cheetahs, rhinos. I'm trapped, backed into the wall. I think this is the night I die. I close my eyes ready to embrace deaths cold hug but I then hear loud stomps that shake the ground in front of me. I look up to see the Medjay, standing in front of me. They pound their staffs on the ground and the animals immediately back off. My dad comes running to me and helps me off the ground. "They are harmless, they just aren't used to new people." My dad explains. "Ok. Ok yeah, I'll remember not to be new." I say with a stammer and sarcasm.

     My dad leads me to away from the statues and animals and I see Ahkmenrah standing not much farther. He smiles and slightly bows at me. He orders the Medjayto head off I assume because they left after he demanded something in his language. I walk up to him. "Thank you, for that." I say looking down at my feet. He chuckles a bit. "Of course, I hope these creatures didn't change your mind about wanting to guard here. I promise it is an excellent time here." He says. I couldn't help but stare into his gorgeous brown eyes. I didn't realize I was staring until he chuckled and said. "I do hope I don't have anything on my face, that would be most embarrassing." I can see his cheeks flush and mine turn bright as a cherry. "I-I sorry" I stammer. He smirks. "Don't be. I do realize I have never gotten your name." He continues. My dad interrupts. "This is my daughter, MaryJane." Why did my dad have to emphasize daughter. I'm 23 years old. "Well MaryJane. It was a pleasure." He says noticing the tension and walks off.

   My dad takes me back to the front. As we walk I see all the exhibits walking around and I look at them in awe. "So this is your job? How is this even possible?!" I exclaim to my dad. "The tablet MaryJane but let's talk about how you were flirting with Ahkmenrah." He quickly states. I look at him in disbelief. "One, I wasn't flirting, and two I am 23 years old I don't need my daddy watching me with every boy like I am 15" I say, crossing my arms. He rubs his eyes. "Ahkmenrah, besides from him being, I don't know, dead. He is already married." My dad chimed. I felt a sting in my chest, it was disappointment. He's married to someone else? She must be a lucky, beautiful woman. "Is she here?" I ask my dad. He looks down. "No I just know that from the research I've done on him." He says. I laugh sarcastically. "Like the vows say, till death do you part." I smirk at him. He shakes his head and angrily walks away. I sit down at the desk and open my note book writing lyric ideas down. I am focused on the notebook I don't notice these two little men standing on the platform above me. They look at each other than me. "She does kinda look like him" The one in the cowboy hat says. "Who?" I ask. "Gigantor." He replies. "Oh you mean my dad." I lean back. "What's your name?" The one in the red war armor asks. "MaryJane." I reply. "I'm Jebidiah and this is Octavius." the cowboy says and puts his hands on his belt.

  "Why are you two interrogating her?" We turn to see Ahk walking towards us. He comes next to me behind the desk and smiles down at me. "We just asked her name don't get your gown in a twist your majesty." Jebidiah says. They hop down, muttering things to each other and walking off. Ahk looks down at my notebook. "What's this?" He asks picking it up and reading it. "I am a lyricist, A song a wrote." I say. He puts it down. "That's impressive Ms. MaryJane." He says. "People usually call me MJ or Jane" I reply and stand up to meet his eyes. He nods. It's silent for awhile until he speaks again. "Forgive me, but I overheard you are your father talking about me and me having a wife." I look down and play with my fingers. "I want to assure you that during my life I was forced to marry as an unity between a land we were in war with at the time, I have no love for her, and even so she was not buried in a tomb, she isn't here" He says. I smirk more to myself knowing that I don't have to worry about any wife. "but you are." He finished and grabs my hand. I lift my head up and look at him. I see a sparkle in his eye. He is so stunning and so charming. He is a living prince. Well actually he is a king. And well he's dead. He leans in a bit and then we hear someone clearing their throat. We both turn to look at my dad. "Sorry, was I interrupting something?" He asks his voice dripping with venom. "I should leave, My apologies." Ahk says and slowly backs off.

    "What the hell did I say MJ?" My dad asks in a whisper yell tone. "I heard what you said dad. I didn't care." I said look back down at my notebook. "I don't want you seeing Ahkmenrah or else you won't come back here do you understand me MaryJane." He demands. I look down in defeat. "I understand."