Hitting

Stage Four:

Hitting [the ground]
(Might hurt)

*°*

Turns out, she hit the ground even sooner that she thought.

And oh boy, did it hurt.

It was six months after their first.. 'encounter'. They hadn't done anything remotely sexual in at least three weeks, and Jisoo was starting to get seriously frustrated.

But as she was about to kiss the taller girl, the latter decided to break her heart into pieces.

"Chu, I have a girlfriend"

Jisoo laughed, hard, it had to be a joke, right ?

Except it wasn't.

The younger girl had her serious face on. A look she didn't saw often on Lisa, yet, in that moment, it was.. terrifying. She stopped laughing, took a few steps back, glared at the girl in front of her.

"You must be kidding, right liz?"

It was not a question. She didn't want her to say no. She was just waiting for the girl's so famous smirk to come back on her face, and for her tell Jisoo it was a prank.

She knew deep down it wasn't.

Still, she wasn't prepared for what came next.

"I'm not. So we have to stop this... thing." She said, without showing any sign of empathy.

Jisoo didn't know what to do. She was hurt, sure. She felt heart shattered. But her ego got hurt too, badly, and in that moment it was all she seemed to care about, she would deal with the ache in her chest later. She started to get angry, things she didn't mean one bit slipped out of her mouth, and the tears threatening to fall in Lisa's eyes didn't seem to stop her, only fueled her rage even more.

She wanted the younger girl to get back at her, to hurt her even more than Jisoo did, to give the latter a reason to hate her. But she didn't. She kept her head low, and listened to Jisoo without saying a word.

The raven-haired girl couldn't take any of this anymore, so she left, not forgetting to slam the door as she did so, and she drowned all her pain and sorrow in cheap alcohol in the nearest bar she found.

She always knew Lisa was destructive. Their relationship wasn't meant to last, she knew she'd end up hurt. But this...

This was worse than anything.

Because now that she was back in her appartement, all alone, she didn't feel the pain anymore.

No, it was even worse.

She didn't feel anything at all.
No sadness, no anger, no jealousy.

Nothing.

She couldn't feel anymore, it was like Lisa took a piece of her as she left.

Now... there was only void. And she couldn't do anything about it.