Chapter One

18 Years later

"Got dammit." I grunted. I was in the barn fixing my rust bucket of a truck for the tenth time, I keep telling myself I need go ahead and take to the junk yard, but I wouldn't feel right giving this up. " Trophy....where you at bro." My best friend Ali yelled. I rolled my eyes at the nick name he gave me. " In here" I yelled back as I continued to fix it. He came in giving me dap as he sat down.

" Nigga you still in here trying to fix this piece of shit

" Nigga you still in here trying to fix this piece of shit." He says as he takes the blunt from behind his ear lighting it up. Ali is half back and half white, my ninth-grade year is when I met him. He had moved here from Detroit due to him beating the shit out of his dad for beating his mom. So instead of his mom leaving, she kicked him out sending him to stay with his grandparents. We been friends ever since.

" Yeah, well I need a way to work." I say as he passed me the blunt. I put my wrench down and took a pull from the blunt as I stared at the truck, yeah, I think that enough for today since I needed new parts to replace the old one that surrounded my motor. " Okay and you act like we don't work at the same place my nigga; you can just ride with me." He chuckled. " Yeah, but it's nothing like having your own shit, you know I don't like depending on nobody" I say as I pass the blunt back.

" You right, Aye where my niece at? "He asked. " In her room meditating, been up since 5 this morning." I say as I walked out the barn with Ali behind me. " Or has she even been asleep?" He asked. I just sighed shrugging my shoulders as We got in the house. Walking upstairs to her room slowly opening her door, there she was sitting Criss cross in the middle of the floor with her hands clutched close together in the middle of her chest. " She seems so peaceful." He whispered as he slowly walked towards her.

" Princess....Princess...." He says combing his fingers through her wild mane. Her eyes flutter and she looked up at him as a big smile came across her face.